Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Export Control Manager - Compliance will help to ensure Rolls-Royce continues to improve while continuing to be compliant with government regulations. The Export Control Manager will be responsible for export compliance process and audit.
- Establish and audit RRNA procedures and systems to assure all exports meet regulatory requirements and company policies and provide front-line coordination with government audit/investigation activities of those procedures.
- Develops/implements export compliance policies and procedures; plan and implement corporate compliance program, including internal and external audits including site visits for training and compliance checks.
- Collect and analyze data for status reports to management and proactively assess program managers' export requirements based on their program plans/goals.
- Develop requirements and metrics and directs compliance with all Rolls-Royce and/or U. S. government export regulations; develops compliance documentation and audits corporate compliance.
- Develops strategy to meet future export requirements. Prepares policy statements implementing Rolls-Royce policy or US government regulations.
- Assess needs, plans, develops and provides ongoing corporate training and development.
- Perform continuous analysis of U. S. government regulations, private and association publications, and attend industry trade seminars to implement timely procedural changes/advice to Rolls-Royce North America (RRNA) to ensure full compliance with dynamic international trade controls and regulations.
- Interacts with and informs senior management on the status of various projects and activities; exercises independent judgment in accomplishment of daily tasks.
- Provide basic guidance to Rolls-Royce business units regarding compliance with U.S. government export regulations; and internal export compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide counsel and advice to RRNA management to establish fully compliant procedures and contractual commitments which incorporate international trade controls and meet U.S. export regulatory requirements.
- Prepare training materials/handouts, employee presentations/briefings, compliance manuals/memos, audit procedures and operating procedures. Present training sessions/briefings to employees and/or government representatives as required.
- Exercises independent judgment in accomplishment of daily tasks; applies knowledge of corporate policies and procedures to particular situations.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries. Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years experience in aerospace business matters from either an industry or Government perspective
- or Master's degree and 6 years experience in aerospace business matters from either an industry or Government perspective
- Previous experience working with Export Control data and/or U.S. export control regulations in an organization
- Knowledge or understanding of gas turbine engines and/or Rolls-Royce's product lines
- Knowledge of Rolls-Royce structure and procedures
- Knowledge of procedures applicable to RRNA/Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a professional level
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks of varying complexity; strong analytical and organizational skills required
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated written and verbal instructions, interpret regulations, and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a professional level
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, creativity and initiative to and accomplish tasks of varying complexity through the application of technical, administrative and analytical skills. A high level of analytical ability to investigate and resolve problems that is unusually complex
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...