This mission centered full-time position, under the supervision of the Branch Manager, is responsible for retrieval of eye tissue, documentation of procedure information, evaluating, processing, and shipment of tissue as well as conducting donor chart clearing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties may include any or all of the following:
• Recover eye tissue from tissue donors for transplant and research purposes, including drawing blood samples for serological testing
• Perform donor medical history reviews and physical assessments including ocular tissues
• Transport eye tissue to/from Heartland Lions Eye Banks laboratories
• Prepare eye tissue and biological specimens for transport
• Perform facility cleaning and equipment maintenance as required
• Run miscellaneous errands, i.e. airport delivery or pick-up
• Accurately document donor information on reports.
• Inventory and Stock Laboratory/tissue handling area
• Review transplant donor charts for accuracy and completion
• Sign off Entry of Serology Results and Tissue Re-Evaluation Review
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Medical or funeral home background preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation. Must have reliable transportation.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Effective interpersonal and organizations skills. Basic computer and phone/fax skills as well as verbal and written communication skills a must.
This position requires a great amount of flexibility due to the nature of the Eye Bank’s 24-hour business. This may include day, night, weekend, and/or holiday hours in an on-call status occasionally going beyond shift times in order to complete tasks. Ability to perform delicate manual procedures requiring high amounts of dexterity necessary. Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of printed materials and monitors. May require long periods of standing and long periods of sitting while driving. Ability to lift and/or move over 50 pounds. Occasional out of town stays for training necessary.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Saving Sight - 6 months ago
At SaveSight Vision Centre, our team of professionals aim to "save your sight. We are dedicated to the task of detecting age-related...