This mission centered part-time position, under the supervision of the Branch Manager, is responsible for retrieval of eye tissue, documentation of procedure information, evaluating, processing, and shipment of tissue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties may include any or all of the following:
• Recover eye tissue from tissue donors for transplant and research purposes, including drawing blood samples for serological testing
• Perform donor medical history reviews and physical assessments including ocular tissues
• Transport eye tissue to/from Heartland Lions Eye Banks laboratories
• Prepare eye tissue and biological specimens for transport
• Perform facility cleaning and equipment maintenance as required
• Run miscellaneous errands, i.e. airport delivery or pick-up
• Accurately document donor information on reports.
• Inventory and Stock Laboratory/tissue handling area
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Medical or funeral home background preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation. Must have reliable transportation.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Effective interpersonal and organizations skills. Basic computer and phone/fax skills as well as verbal and written communication skills a must.
This position requires a great amount of flexibility due to the nature of the Eye Bank’s 24-hour business. This may include day, night, weekend, and/or holiday hours in an on-call status occasionally going beyond shift times in order to complete tasks. Ability to perform delicate manual procedures requiring high amounts of dexterity necessary. Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of printed materials and monitors. May require long periods of standing and long periods of sitting while driving. Ability to lift and/or move over 50 pounds. Occasional out of town stays for training necessary.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
All apllicants must live within a 30 minute drive to the branch location.
May apply through this web site or by sending a cover letter and resume via fax to 314-428-3751 or U.S. mail to HLEB, 10801 Pear Tree Lane, Suite 179, St. Ann, MO 63074
No phone inquiries or drop ins, please.
Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Saving Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to change lives by saving sight. Founded in Columbia in 1960, the...