F/T Assistant Director - Mid Hudson Region, NY
Position: Assistant Director – OCFS, MID Hudson Region, NY
FLSA classification: Exempt
Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 10,000 families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families.
Summary of the Position: The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Assistant Program Director is responsible to assist the Program Director in the overall administration of a local program. This includes the provision of client services, personnel management and budget management. Must be familiar with OCFS policies and procedures.
Specific Tasks Include:
1. Assist the Director in providing all services to clients and their families who are referred to the program. Ensure that all clients receive the appropriate number of hours, contacts, services, specified monies and activities as required by contract with the referring authority. Ensure that all services have been authorized or reauthorized by the referring authority.
2. Assist in the intake process including interviewing referrals and appropriate family members. In conjunction with the client and family ensure that a service plan that meets the individual needs of the client and family is developed and implemented. Such plans must be strength-based using the wraparound plan model.
3. Help monitor service delivery provided by staff and ensure that staff implements the goals in the service or treatment plans, as well as make any revisions to the plan that result from changing needs or case reviews.
4. Help to identify, recruit, hire, train, monitor and supervise all direct service professional and administrative staff in the local program, following the YAP, Inc. personnel policies and procedures, including the matching zip code policy for recruiting direct service staff. Ensure that staff qualifications meet those imposed by the referring authority.
5. Assist in providing direct service professional personnel with staff development and training sessions as required by YAP, Inc. policies. Promote staff development including the provision of cross training among staff.
6. Attend and or conduct staff meetings and training sessions for program personnel as scheduled by the Director.
7. Assist staff in creative problem solving, including securing needed professional resources for clients and their families. Ensure that activities for clients and their families involve education, employment, social and other areas of need. Develop plans for discharge which include community linkages that will support the client and family after termination of service.
8. Help ensure that all required time lines and due dates are met. This includes submission of all administrative, fiscal and billing documents and data base information to The Support Center for processing and all reports and documents that are required to be submitted by referring authorities.
9. Assign staff client caseloads and monitor the results.
10. In the absence of the Director, respond to special or critical incidents involving referred clients as the need arises.
11. Ensure that appropriate procedures and reports (both oral and written) are completed as per program and YAP, Inc. policy.
12. Ensure that best practice guidelines are adhered to by all direct service staff.
13. Assist the Director in managing the local program within budget parameters.
14. Develop a knowledge and understanding of YAP, Inc. policies, referring agencies' contracts and requirements and applicable governmental agencies' rules and regulations. Help ensure that all terms and conditions of policies, contracts and rules and regulations are adhered to and met.
15. Follow YAP, Inc.'s special incidents reporting procedures.
16. Adhere to all YAP, Inc. personnel policies, the YAP, Inc. Code of Conduct and the Integrity Compliance Plan.
17. Supervises local program direct service staff.
18. Develop and maintain relations with other community-based providers, services and Supported Work sites.
Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred; commensurate experience in community-based agency program is acceptable except for programs where the referring authority requires a specific degree. At a minimum, at least one year previous experience in managing personnel and budgets. Experience with at risk youth, probation, court liaison, etc is required. In order to perform the job successfully, and the individual must be computer literate.
Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and car insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000 bodily injury liability. This position requires background checks to be completed. Travel within the county will be required. EXTENSIVE travel throughout the Mid Hudson Region, and to facilities across NYS. position is 24/7.
Benefits Available: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, AFLAC, Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
Contact information: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional and two personal references to: ATTN: Search Committee: email@example.com
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. - 16 months ago