BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The College, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Seventy-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21 st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the Colleges locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Position Description: Full-time writing instructor in the English Department. Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development of English courses.
- Teach courses in developmental and college level writing
- Assess the writing skills of students and recommend the appropriate level of courses
- Actively support the teaching and learning process; create and support a student-centered environment in and beyond the classroom
- Implement teaching practices designed to appeal to multiple learning styles
- Promote the development of critical thinking skills through the teaching of writing
- Participate with other faculty in determining appropriate goals and objectives of English courses and assist in developing course standards
- Teach courses in developmental reading or literature as needed
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Assess student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments
- Teach in learning communities in which English courses are paired with courses in other disciplines
- Engage students in community service
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ph.D. preferred. Masters degree in Composition/Rhetoric, English, Literacy or Writing required. Masters degree or Doctorate in an interdisciplinary field with core coursework in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Literacy or Writing will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application
- College-level teaching of writing required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience teaching reading and/or literature a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
Salary Range: $44,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and
Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will begin on September 1, 2013. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By April 4, 2013.
Application Instructions: Resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable)
SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IN CONFIDENCE TO: Bhcc.interviewexchange.com-Click on the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions. Fax Transcript Files to: (617) 228-3328
- 2 years ago - save job