BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The College, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Seventy-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21 st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the Colleges locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Position Description : Full-time Physics instructor in the Science and Engineering Department. Primarily responsible for the teaching and curriculum development of calculus-based introductory physics for engineering, physical science, and computer technology majors, and algebra-based physics for biology and other non-majors, and the development of new courses as needed.
- Teach calculus-based physics courses for engineering, physical science, and computer technology majors, and algebra-based physics courses for biology and other non-majors
- Teach Introductory Astronomy courses
- Assist in the design and coordination of laboratory activities for all physics courses
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and laboratory setting using outcomes-based assessments
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students critical thinking skills
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of physics courses and assist in developing course standards Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ph.D. preferred; Masters degree in Physics required
- S trong laboratory skills required
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: $44,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will begin on September 1, 2013. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By April 4, 2013.
Application Instructions: Resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable)
SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IN CONFIDENCE TO: Bhcc.interviewexchange.com-Click on the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions. Fax Transcript Files to: (617) 228-3328
HispanicsInHigherEd.com - 8 months ago