"WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY"
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Accurately process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality service. Contribute to increasing balance sheet growth, profitability and customer retention of the branch by meeting sales and service goals and objectives. Assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate banking products and services. Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality service. Ensure minimum teller difference and controllable loss performance standards are achieved.
2. Apply an understanding of applicable banking regulations in the conduct of transaction processing. Escalate matters requiring further attention.
3. Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending / selling appropriate banking products and services.
4. Achieve sales performance standards (as applicable to the Service Specialist goals) through active participation in all product marketing campaigns, sales development activities, and referral programs.
5. Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer relationships and provide the highest level quality customer service.
6. Responsible for managing cash drawer, always ensuring an appropriate level of cash on hand.
7. Prepare error free daily settlements of teller cash and proof transactions in accordance with established procedures.
8. Maintain accurate records of all transactions and prepare all required paperwork in accordance with established procedures.
9. May be required to balance vault and perform other duties as instructed in order to ensure smooth branch operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience & Education
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Proven success achieving referral goals
- Mastery of operational Teller aspects
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Working knowledge of banking software or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
- Working knowledge of bank products and services or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
- If operating in a floater capacity, travel within an assigned region is required; and may occasionally require travel outside the assigned region to ensure adequate branch coverage.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- 2 years retail experience in a cash handling position.
- Prior experience in sales capacity, preferably in a retail banking environment.
- Valid NMLS Registration Required.
Daily use of wrists, hands, fingers to use computer, telephone. Ability to hear and speak clearly for gathering simple to complex information. Sitting for extended periods of time standing and walking for extended periods of work time. Ability to operate a motor vehicle for travel within assigned community-banking region if required.
DISCLAIMER : This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for the performance of essential duties and responsibilities .
Sun National Bank - 5 months ago