AMERICAN SYSTEMS is currently seeking former/current Fighter Pilots for our F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program at Edwards AFB California .The positions are to support the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center’s (AFOTEC) F-35 OT&E program at Edwards AFB, CA. This is a great opportunity to be on the cutting edge of our country’s next generation of fighter aircraft.
About The F-35: The F-35 brings cutting-edge technologies to the battlespace of the future. The JSFs advanced airframe, autonomic logistics, avionics, propulsion systems, stealth, and firepower will ensure that the F-35 is the most affordable, lethal, supportable and survivable aircraft ever to be used by so many warfighters across the globe.
JOB SCOPE : Responsible for providing technical assistance in the testing, procurement, and program management of technology and/or policy studies. May provide guidance to less experienced personnel. Contributes to the development and measurement of test objectives. Frequently interacts with supervisors, outside customers, and with USAF, Navy, Marine Corps, and coalition fighter pilots.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- 5th Gen fighter aircraft subject matter expert and test team technical expert on various areas pertinent to F-35 operational testing (e.g., capabilities, weapons, tactics, etc).
- Drafts operational effectiveness inputs for test plans, reports, and various supporting documents and briefings; assists the data team with meeting the performance objectives of quick response to the OT&E Lead Analyst and/or Test Director (TD), to include preparation of high-quality data deliverables in a timely manner across the varied test venues encountered during all test phases
- Contributes to all facets of test design and planning using in-depth knowledge of system under test, AFOTEC test policies, and test range support capabilities
- Attend meetings and conferences as required
- Build Probability of Removal tables, incorporating various capabilities of air-to-air and surface-to-air threat capabilities, weapons effects, and environmental conditions
- Coordinates and schedules test support assets, including adversaries
- Assists with mission planning, TDY support, and airspace coordination
- Conducts and evaluates pilot/test participant mission debriefs, including the performance of the system under test, cockpit record media playback, and test range data to formulate an assessment of system effectiveness and mission capability
TRAVEL: 0-2 trips per month in the CONUS, more frequent during active testing
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a government services contractor and one of the largest employed-owned companies in the U.S. AMERICAN SYSTEMS is focused...