Join the nation's premier human relations/civil rights organization.We have a mission to fight anti-Semitism and hate,and to secure justice and fair treatment for all.ADL is looking for talented, passionate people who wantto make a difference today…and tomorrow!
FACILITATOR for the A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute
Located in and serving the Central Pacific Region, the Facilitator will lead anti-bias and diversity awareness workshops on a per-diem basis.
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute workshops address prejudice and discrimination based on race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, age, and ability. This program is designed to bring together a diverse group of teachers, administrators, classified staff, students, parents, and members of community organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead anti-bias and diversity awareness workshops.
- Attend per-diem facilitator cadre meetings.
- Prepare for workshops as facilitation is necessary.
Those selected to serve as facilitators will be independent contractors of the ADL, and are paid for services on a per diem basis, including reimbursement for all travel expenses incurred. Most workshops are held during the day, and during the workweek. Therefore, facilitators must have flexible schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Ability to attend five day Train-the-Trainer Program in Oakland, CA from August 5-9, 2013.
- Ability to complete facilitation evaluation process.
- Previous training and facilitation experience.
- Previous work with anti-bias and diversity curriculums or training.
- Previous experience in the education field a plus.
- Proven understanding of and commitment to diversity education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and cover letter to NGrotch@adl.org Subject: Facilitator.
EOE. Learn more about ADL at www.adl.org .