Conducts research and fact-finding to define system scope and objectives for the purpose of development or modification of moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
2. Performs technical analysis and research.
3. Supports Quality Assurance and client testing.
4. Provides on-call support for production.
5. Provides estimates for enhancements.
6. Travel required as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Good working knowledge of application development and associated processes.
2. Good Knowledge of one or more application programming languages and the associated operating platform.
3. Strong analytical skills and good communication skills.
4. Effective time management skills.
Education and Experiences
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and/or commensurate experience.
2. 1-2 years experience in system development and support.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.