1. Under the immediate direction of the dietary supervisor and the general supervision of the food service management, is accountable for individual customer service and food service tasks
2. Duties include, but not limited to, patient tray preparation, serving in cafeteria, general kitchen cleaning, food labeling, stocking of assigned areas and preparation of snacks and nourishments.
3. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities in the department and with other service areas.
4. Accurately and completely documents required logs.
5. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
6. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
7. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
8. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
9. Communicate effectively with other employees (physicians, nursing and ancillary staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
10. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices
11. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the department.
12. To uphold the standards of the department and organization with integrity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Read and write basic English. Knowledge of standard precautions. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, internal and external partners needs. Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees, physicians and visitors. Ability to understand and follow oral and written English instructions. Ability to ready, understand and communicate in English related to production sheets, menu sheets, use of chemicals, etc. Ability to complete assignments within prescribed time limits. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to stoop, life, reach and carry heavy supplies and equipment.