Investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling moderately complex and large field property CATastrophe Claims. Typically of < $100,000 in damages.
- Verifying / analyzing coverage
- Proper use and management of outside vendors, consultants, field investigations and expert witnesses; audit and reconcile costs and fees. Refer cases to appropriate legal resources.
- Managing routine litigation
- Adhering to litigation management guidelines, manage legal expenses.
- Obtaining and documenting information on the circumstances of the case, and obtain supporting evidence of losses and coverages
- Setting initial reserves and continuing evaluation as facts change, making changes or recommendations for reserve changes.
- Establishing and executing disposition plan with Team Leader input
As a member of the dedicated National Catastrophe team, this position requires frequent, national travel on short notice.
Reference Code FFIC-1924622-2
- 4 + years field claims experience handling similar claims is needed for this position.
- Ability to carry and set a portable ladder and be able to climb onto roofs of large homes and businesses to measure and evaluate damage
- Knowledge of claims handling procedures, philosophy, legal concepts, terminology, financial concepts for reserving, & determining losses, negotiation & settlement techniques.
- Interpersonal & communication skills to work effectively in a team environment by applying the Business Practices and Shared Values.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work in a highly productive environment.
- Utilize computer systems including Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Lotus Notes. Experience with Xactimate Estimating platform strongly recommended.
- Strong customer service/telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently.
An equal opportunity employer.
St. Louis, MO
Fireman's Fund Insurance Company is a premier property and casualty insurance company providing personal and commercial insurance products...