*CARE encourages Cameroonian nationals and international candidates to apply.
CARE Cameroon seeks a Finance Manager to support the upcoming, USAID-funded, Continuum of Prevention, Care, and Treatment (CoPCT) for HIV/AIDS with Most-at-risk Populations (CHAMP-Cameroon) . CHAMP will expand the continuum of prevention, care and treatment for key populations by building on the activities currently implemented by HAPP in five regions, including the two largest cities (Yaounde and Douala): Littoral-Douala; Centre- Yaounde; North West-Bamenda; Est-Bertoua and Garoua; and South-Kribi. The CoPCT activities will be expanded within the largest urban areas of all ten provinces where high concentrations of target populations are found – with the Chief of Party based in Yaounde .
CHAMP-Cameroon is a five-year project for a total cost estimate of $18.8 million. CHAMP will achieve the 3 following main and interconnected results:
The project is built on the current work USAID supports in Cameroon in order to increase access and use of quality HIV prevention care and support services for key populations. These efforts will expand service coverage in the country from five regions to ten regions and generate data for evidence-based programming. The project will use a continuum-of-care approach to service provision, and will link clients with community-and facility-based interventions. It will also strengthen the capacity of existing health systems, including the policy environment and networks, for a well-coordinated response. It is anticipated that at least 140,000 beneficiaries - including 16,000 MSM, 66,000 CSW and 58,000 other clients - will be reached with quality HIV prevention, care and support services over the five years.
- Technical competence of partners in key populations’ program design and management using CoPCT is increased;
- Enabling environment for key populations’ HIV/AIDS programming is strengthened;
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement, and Monitoring and Evaluation systems in CoPCT is strengthened.
The successful candidate will oversee the project's financial management and accountability activities in accordance with project requirements. S/he will assist the Chief of Party with the overall project financial planning, the annual financial planning, the finance management, reporting, and agreement compliance. Moreover, s/he will ensure that all financial management is handled according to USAID rules and regulations, and that records are kept and financial reports submitted in a timely manner. S/he will work with the local Cameroonian applicant of key population activities to ensure that its financial systems are sound.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
Minimum Qualifications :
- Effective, efficient, and compliant financial management support;
- Budgeting, transaction processing, expense reporting, and financial analysis;
- Overseeing project compliance and risk management functions;
- Overseeing the completion of all financial requirements, including monitoring spending, and developing annual budgets;
- With the Chief of Party, providing direction and support for the planning and budgeting processes;
- Preparing quarterly and annual project activity reports, as specified in the contract;
- Maintaining internal control; and
- Reporting to the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required;
- At least 10 years of experience in successful financial management of international projects, including in financial oversight of USAID-funded projects;
- Significant experience in service delivery for key populations and sensitivity to implementation of programs that serve key populations; and
- Understanding of rules and regulations related to USAID project funding and reporting requirements.
Care.org - 11 months ago