The position’s purpose is to conduct on-site financial monitoring control reviews; prepare test work papers and reports for internal/external management review. Additional tasks include training new Agency finance personnel on adhering to Groupe’s internal monitoring key controls requirements. Duties may also be expanded to include other compliance projects as required.
SCOPE / REPORTING STRUCTURE
Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG) is the largest healthcare communications group in the world and is a division of Publicis Groupe, S.A., the third largest advertising and media company. PHCG manages top tier agencies that promote innovative solutions in advertising, medical education, message delivery, digital, market access, and medical and scientific affairs.
PHCG includes the Saatchi & Saatchi Healthcare network, the Publicis Life Brands (Medicus) network, the Publicis Medical Education Group (PMEG) network, the Publicis Touchpoint Solutions network, Razorfish Health and Digitas Health Networks.
Position requires domestic and international travel as necessary and appropriate - minimum is expected to be 50%.
Direct report to the PHCG FMC Director
PHCG Brand CFO
MSLGROUP Brand CFO
MSLGROUP FMC Director
PHCG and MSLGROUP Regional CFO
Agency Finance Directors/Controllers
Publicis Groupe (Central Team/Internal Audit)
Manage the financial monitoring key controls process in order to fulfill company’s internal policies via maintaining high ethical and compliance standards.
- Responsible for individually performing on-site financial monitoring control visits for each Agency within the assigned quarter and documenting results of these reviews in a timely manner.
- Communicating findings including internal control deficiencies or inefficiencies to senior management through the delivery of timely, accurate and concise reports.
- Effective written communication skills is a pre requisite for updating internal documentation, liaising with Agency/Brand management and completing reports to Agency/Brand management, the PHCG Director of Financial Monitoring Controls and Publicis Groupe Central teams.
- Consistent reporting to FMC Director and Agency follow-up will be required to resolve findings from their reviews; follow-up will include monitoring Agency performance and ensuring that remediation plans are in place to ensure all findings are resolved timely and/or appropriate mitigating controls have been considered.
Perform relevant compliance work in support of the Publicis Groupe Financial Monitoring Controls program as directed by the FMC Director.
- Evaluate the in-scope operational/financial key processes for each Agency being reviewed and identifying their associated financial risks.
- Analyze Agency data obtained to analyze and judge if there are any process deficiencies/inefficiencies within each key internal control, examples include but are not limited to: process inefficiencies, lack of compliance with local laws, non-adherence to government regulations and Groupe’s internal policies.
- Provide clear, concise and appropriate documentation of work performed, issues and observations to be accessible by the FMC Director and any other appropriate internal/external party.
- Establish strong communication with local Agency management that guarantees the necessary information exchange to initiate investigation of suspected wrong doing and work towards resolution when appropriate.
· Complete additional special projects as needed on an ad hoc basis.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
·Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline.
·A minimum 5 years of progressively responsible accounting/financial/compliance experience.
·Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley/Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO)/internal control processes and related risks.
·Ability to build and maintain relationships within a global organization in order to effectively negotiate and resolve key control deficiencies/findings.
·Ability to present analytical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
·Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
·Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines.
·Experience with managing projects.
·Good interpersonal skills and culturally sensitive.
·Fluent in written and spoken English.
·Experience in internal audit within a publicly traded company and/or audit experience within a public accounting firm.
·CPA license or an equivalent.
·Fluent in other languages.
CRICTICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & KEY PERSONEL COMPENTENCIES
·Ability to anticipate financial and operational key control issues, assess their risks/implications, determine their financial impact and develop and assess an appropriate action plan that will be created and implemented by Agency management.
·Strong leadership, time management, administrative and analytical review skills.
·Strategic thinking with strong organizational, interpersonal, written/verbal communication and problem solving skills.
·Strong work ethic, independence and dependability.
·Acts as a leader in pulling the team/organization together to assess and respond to issues rapidly.
·Ability to communicate and follow up effectively with colleagues across domestic/international markets, simultaneously acknowledging their responsibility and importance to their operations while still demonstrating independent FMC leadership.
·Ability to ask questions/communicate concerns and be capable of explaining requirements to management in order to bring projects to their successful completion.
·Ability to communicate all findings and associated financial impact to internal/external stakeholders.
Must be inquisitive with the ability to apply common sense and exercise appropriate judgment.
- Must be a self-starter and have a reputation as a strong ethical professional and a team-player.
Publicis Healthcare Communications Group - 13 months ago