Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Food Service Worker/Housekeeper is responsible for coordinating meal preparation and delivery, menu development, inventory control, maintain health and sanitary standards, and child nutrition standards for a licensed child development center. This position performs general housekeeping duties.
• Develops and maintains sanitary housekeeping and safety practices for kitchen and equipment in compliance with State Food program standards.
• Maintains inventory of all kitchen equipment, supplies and food items and ensure their proper usage.
• Carries pans and trays of food to and from workstation, stove, and refrigerator on a daily basis.
• Stores food items in designated areas.
o Food items to store on a regular basis include delivery of 24 gallons of milk three times a week and approximately 6 cases of fruits (apples, oranges and bananas) and 2 cases of juices delivered once a week.
• Prepares and distributes meals, snacks in food carts to the children’s classrooms.
• Maintains required kitchen records.
• Cleans work areas, equipment and kitchen utensils.
• Performs general housekeeping duties, such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, servicing bathrooms, cleaning bathrooms, empting garbage.
• Performs other food service and housekeeping duties as assigned.
• Carries out mission, vision, and values established by the President/CEO and Board of Directors.
• Participates in the overall Accreditation Quality Improvement Process.
• Must have the ability to nurture respectful relationship with client and children and must be sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to perform the job successfully.
Education and Experience
• Two years of experience in institutional food preparation.
• Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• TB clearance, to be renewed every two years.
Frequently required to walk and stand. Frequently bending to pull food trays from oven, to store foods and to perform general housekeeping kitchen tasks. Must be able to talk and hear well. Good vision is imperative. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee may be required to lift and/or move unassisted up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.
Hourly Rate: Starting - $9.40 per hour; negotiable depending on experience.
Status: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Location: 1617 E. 7th Street. Los Angeles, CA 90021
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick leave, holidays, EAP and 401k plan.
**Position is open until this announcement no longer shows on our website.
Para Los Niños is an equal opportunity employer
Para Los Ninos - 21 months ago