Trulia is an innovative leader in real estate search backed by Sequoia and Accel, two of the most successful Venture Capital firms in Silicon Valley. The company is experiencing rapid growth with strong revenues and solid market share. On top of all that, we were recently named as a finalist for the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s 2012 Bay Area Best Places to Work.
This position will report to the Senior Director, FP&A of Trulia and will be the thought partner and finance counterpart to our Media & Consumer Services business unit General Manager, located in New York. The FP&A Director will be responsible for partnering with the Media & Consumer Services business unit, supporting its planning, forecasting and reporting activities, as well as driving business analysis and strategy for maximal impact. This role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to impact the future direction of one of Trulia’s fast growing businesses.
While our work is serious, we are not. At Trulia, we’re surrounded by people with diverse interests and personalities. From semi-pro athletes, ping-pong phenoms, & avid surfers to chicken farmers, jugglers, thespians, & bakers, we’re all energized, engaged, and happy people with one common focus - to give consumers the inside scoop on finding their next place to live. Trulia offers a fast-paced, fun environment with very sharp motivated people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed.
o Order analytics and inventory performance metrics;
- Drive the Media & Consumer Services team to better outcomes through clear communication of performance and synthesis of results.
- Partner closely with the business unit GM to ensure the continued success and growth of the fast-growing business; continue to build & foster strong relationships with the business unit sales teams.
- Own planning and analysis for business unit revenue and pipeline metrics; drive all planning, forecasting and reporting processes of the business unit, support all such activities of the Company.
- Lead the education, advance familiarity across the business unit, and strengthen adherence to revenue recognition policy and other critical control processes.
- Participate in and deliver analytics projects driving key insights for making critical business decisions including but not limited to:
o Inventory forecasting & pricing analyses.
Drive and improve upon existing weekly, monthly, and annual processes; streamline processes and reduce non value added work.
- Support long term strategic operational planning and execution.
- Be the subject matter expert on Media & Advertising market trends, market growth, and competition.
Additional notes/Distinctions for the position:
- Prior experiences and existing familiarity with the online advertising & media businesses are a must.
- 12-15 years of increasing responsibilities; experience in finance with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Strong proficiency in quantitative analysis and presentation using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity and experiences with DART, DSM, Omniture and other advertising/web analytics tools are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – able to work collaboratively & consultatively with partner business organization as well as with Finance colleagues.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unustructured environment.
- High energy with superb attention to details, and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required, preferably in Economics, Business Administration, or Engineering
- MBA is a big plus
Work Location: New York
lt; 20% of time (potentially travelling 1-2x per quarter)
Since 2005, Trulia's been focused on building the most vibrant and valuable marketplace in the real estate industry.
Trulia gives home...