FPA Director Sales will partner with executives across the organization and provide the leadership necessary to analyze sales. Leverating system data, Director will provide analysis pertinent to the sales-to-revenue lifecycle as it relates to the commercialization of a large portfolio of technology platforms, services, and product lines marketed globally.
This role will be responsible for several deliverables: timely reporting and analysis of the sales pipeline, sales effectiveness from an operational perspective, analysis of forecasted quarterly sales, analysis of budgeted sales.
Finance director will drive standardization of process around sales and FP&A as it relates to Sales.
This position will report directly into the Segment Finance group, and is based in Wayne, PA.
1. Design and implement Standard Operating Procedures as they relate to Sales and Revenue financial analysis: Pipeline Analysis, Quota Analysis, Contract Analysis including Pending deals, Top Accounts analysis, Backlog, Pricing, Sales Profitability, Billing, Collection. Key deliverable is to provide management with regular reporting against a portfolio of products to understand trends and improve predictability of business.
2. Implement a set of controls to ensure validity of Data in systems, integrity of Master Data, timeliness of accounting entries, necessary documentation of accruals. Lead in standardization and clean up of master data, i.e. Customer Master Data
3. Measure and track leading and lagging Key Performance Indicators in Sales and Revenue performance: Sales Operations effectiveness, Product Line profitability, Regional analysis, Product Revenue Analysis by revenue type, Pipeline analysis ( New, Renewals, Stages, Velocity ), Revenue Attrition, Revenue Under Contract, Go-Get Revenue, pricing trends, and others
4. Leverage KPIs to propose and implement change management projects to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency with laser focus on incremental and stretch targets, leading to increased sales and revenues
5. Act as a liaison with Shared Service Center functions and group functions to satisfy corporate governance requirements
6. Proactively liaise and collaborate with Information Systems group to highlight and resolve Master Data issues, be it standardization or integrity related, defining span of controls and authorization profiles, definition and generation of new reports
7. Review compensation/incentive plans as they relate to Sales. Validate plans ensuring alignment of incentives with business objectives and common approach across division
8. Champion standardization of processes, measurement of performance, accountability drivers and KPIs, utilization of systems, including implementation of Commission Systems, Contract Management Systems, Sales and Distribution Systems
9. Engage sales staff in the pricing and profitability analysis of contracts.
10. Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget while tracking the SEC classification of spend
Finance Director will need to interact, exchange data and information, solicit and provide reports from different stakeholders within the organization. The stakeholders are:
• the Sales Operations organizations within each business unit and/or product line, including the head of Sales & Marketing Effectiveness
• Senior management within each business unit and/or product line,
• Group finance, corporate finance, billing teams in regional shared services centers,
• information systems group,
• business unit sales organization,
• corporate revenue assurance,
• human resources.
The variety and quantity of stakeholders, located in different time zones, require maturity in communication at different levels both in writing and verbally, adequate planning skills to involve the appropriate and required stakeholders, a willingness and curiosity to understand details and propose improvements, as well as the ability to participate and facilitate group meetings.
Knowledge and skill requirements
1. University Degree in Finance, Engineering, Accounting, or Project Management. Six-sigma Green or Black Belt training desirable
2. At least 6+ years of experience in Software organization and/or Finance team with a mindset for measurable, actionable, and controllable analysis and comfort with qualitative and quantitative assessments. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the financial complexities present in the software industry.
3. Strong financial understanding including financial reporting, financial analysis, financial planning, revenue accounting, accrual accounting
4. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line and activity profitability analysis.
5. Fundamentals of Activity Based Costing and Profit and Loss build-up
6. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills mature enough to influence key decision makers
7. Ability to recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate 2-4 members teams to produce quality output within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
8. Ability to work flexible hours. Some travel will be required.
SunGard Financial Systems provides mission-critical software and IT services to institutions in virtually every segment of the financial services industry. The primary purpose of these systems is to automate the many detailed processes associated with trading, managing investment portfolios and accounting for investment assets. These solutions address the processing requirements of a broad range of users within financial services, including asset managers, traders, custodians, compliance officers, treasurers, insurers, risk managers, hedge fund managers, plan administrators and clearing agents. In addition, we also provide professional services that focus on application implementation and integration of these solutions and on custom software development.
Recruitment at SunGard Financial Systems works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. SunGard does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 4 months ago