The Teachers Assistant is responsible for providing overall assistance to the teacher by assisting in designing and delivering instructional systems and therapeutic treatment plans for school-age children.
1. Assist the Teacher with instructional planning and implementation, keeping records, setting up activities, and any other duties deemed necessary by the teacher.
2. Support implementation of the behavior modification system and provide crisis prevention techniques within the classroom. Provide supervision whenever necessary.
1. Leadership – Able to initiate action, make good judgments, give direction, and motivate others.
2. Communication - Able to give clear information, orally and in writing, listen effectively, negotiate, and get unbiased information.
3. Client Development – Able to train, coach, counsel, and appraise student performance, and develop the student so they can perform at a level appropriate to their age and abilities.
4. Teamwork – Able to organize the area of responsibility, form teams to accomplish tasks, identify opportunities to work with others, and create a harmonious work environment.
5. Interdepartmental Cooperation – Able to form bonds with others outside the area of responsibility, analyze problem areas or areas of potential cooperation, and work effectively on common concerns.
6. Environmental Management – Able to provide a highly structured and safe environment where learning can take place.
Education and Experiences
1. High School Diploma.
2. Must possess basic personal computer knowledge and skills.
The candidate must pass a Criminal Record History Clearance and a Child Abuse History Clearance which are processed by KidsPeace as well as possess a valid Driver's License.
The candidate must pass a Physical & Drug Screening & possess the ability to attend and successfully complete all KidsPeace sponsored trainings.
KidsPeace is a private charity dedicated to serving the behavioral and mental health needs of children, families and communities....