Treasury Operations Confirmations
Supports the global trading of vanilla and exotic options and the associated foreign exchange transactions.
FXO Operations aims to provide global expertise in every aspect of booking, confirming, settling and reconciling trades booked through the Currency Options trading desk. It is further aimed that this support business will deliver an optimal solution to the problem of how to deliver world class business support within the confines of being both cost efficient and appropriately controlled.
Technical and Banking Knowledge
- Knowledge of the mechanics and confirmation of all relevant derivative and hedging products.
- Knowledge of ISDA Definitions and legal terms for all relevant derivative and hedging products
- Understand and facilitate the front to back Operations process to include the key elements of Middle Office and settlements.
- Ensure timely validation and affirmation of all trades in the business
- Maintenance and development of the control environment to minimise losses by eradicating errors and avoiding reputational risk.
- Observe trading patterns and behaviour to the support business and to help identify/escalate potential fraudulent or unusual trading activity.
- Contributor to the documentation of all new products or structures relating to the area
- Ensure escalation of any incidents which have a P&L or Reputational Impact to Supervisor and Line Manager.
- Ensure appreciation of different support requirements for Traders, Salespersons, and Structuring teams.
- Close liaison with the trading floor to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of trader queries.
- Clear and concise communication with all support teams to ensure the timely and efficient dissemination of information and the resolution of queries arising.
- Provide support to Operations in overseas offices as required
- Work closely with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’. Seen as a centre of excellence and pivotal communicator.
- Responds positively to requests for help and support.
- Remains self-motivated even when things are not going well.
- Gives direction, guidance and assistance to others.
- Works to develop new systems and process solutions where gaps are identified.
- Actively involved in testing and the timely release of new systems, new functionality and regular releases
- Ability to ask probing questions to gather information.
The person should be able to or have:
- Takes personal responsibility for own objectives: set priorities, schedules work, monitors progress and reschedules as necessary.
- Checks quality and accuracy of own work
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures
- Keeps personal development Plan and professional knowledge up to date
“Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”
- Gather information and use the information to draft concise FXO deals.
- Knowledge of how each FX product works.
- Find solutions in a timely basis to complete the task at hand
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
RBS Insurance - 2 years ago