Why joining Newedge is a smart move
We are the top broker for listed derivatives. With our large flow, market makers call us daily. We provide trade ideas for clients. And our teams are collaborative.
Must have a current book of business (institutional clients and UHNW clients). Should have individual annual production (annual revenue/P&L) exceeding $1Million. Market Foreign Exchange OTC, Cash, Currency Options, NDF and EFP products to institutional clients. Strong client relationships in Emerging Markets is essential. In addition, keep customers updated on market news and views. This position is primarily focused on managing the liquidity and managing clients.
- Ascertain the best currency trades for clients (spot/forward/EFP/options, NDF). This is accomplished by using information from the electronic trading platforms (EBS, Reuters 3000) and speaking with banks (discussing liquidity, pricing, and time frames.) A determination must be then be made by the trader on which bank to execute with and which currency
- Keep abreast of market news as well as keep customers informed of same
- Manage liquidity with our inter-bank counterparts
- Monitor EFP book. Monitor spreads between EFP and cash foreign exchange equivalent. Check and balance customer accounts.
- Trade input.
- Reconcile trade sheets at end of shift.
- Basic knowledge of macro-economics, political developments, and market liquidity conditions.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange markets and market conventions
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Ability to understand economic, political and market changes and develop a strategy for trade execution.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available for entertainment with clients and/or office visit travel
- 5 Years previous experience
- BA or equivalent
- Fundamental economic analysis and some technical analysis capability and make decisions on that data.
- Ability to assess client's need relative to available projects and services.
- Understanding of sales process from sourcing prospects to closing the sale and customer follow-up
- Foreign Language skills helpful
Newedge offers global multi-asset brokerage services across a broad range of listed and OTC derivatives and securities. As a Futures Commission Merchant, Newedge consistently ranks No. 1 or No. 2, based on the CFTC’s (US regulator) tracking of customer assets on deposit. As an independently run agency broker, we offer a very different and more effective service to investment banks. We are a leading force in global multi-asset brokerage, overseeing more than 20 offices across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Newedge offers access to over 85 of the world’s top derivative and stock exchanges, and has 3,000+ employees serving mainly institutional clients.
Newedge offers a full range of execution and clearing services covering options and futures contracts for financial products, as well as for money market instruments, bonds, FX, equities and commodities, including agricultural products and soft commodities, energy and emissions and metals.
Newedge also provides a range of value added services including Prime brokerage, asset financing, electronic trading and order routing, cross margining, and the centralized reporting of client portfolios.
We don't claim to make markets; we simply match buyers and sellers of risk. Like investment banks, we can't guarantee to sell a position - but because we don't take positions or underwrite deals (simply taking a turn on each trade), clients can be confident that we aren't front running them either.
Put simply, Newedge's agency broker business model minimizes risk and conflict of interest and maximizes our capability to construct and execute superior, relevant, client-focused solutions.
Newedge - 21 months ago
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...