SABIC Polymershapes headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina is the leading distributor of plastic materials and related products in the Americas serving customers in the image, transportation, industrial, and building and construction markets. Our broad portfolio of trusted brands, coupled with the largest branch network in the industry makes SABIC Polymershapes one of the most respected distributors in North and South America.
SABIC Polymershapes, is a strategic business within SABIC's Innovative Plastics business, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.88B and over 9,000 employees operating in 35 countries. We are backed by our parent company, SABIC – one of the top 10 petrochemical companies in the world, bringing a legacy of material expertise, innovation and unmatched commitment to our customers.
At a time when many companies are rationalizing or retrenching, SABIC Polymershapes is implementing a strategy designed to achieve rapid growth. Founded on four core values – Inspire, Engage, Create and Deliver - we differentiate ourselves on flawless execution, world-class customer support and uncompromising integrity.
The SABIC culture provides a unifying business performance focus and builds on the strengths of our multi-cultural family. Our people are passionate, highly motivated and results-oriented. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to driving performance every day are key to SABIC Polymershapes’ continued growth and success. It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from, as a long as you have a history of success, a strong desire to excel in our business and want to work as part of a winning team to create growth.
SABIC offers a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program that includes a pension and 401-K plan with match.
As a strategic business unit within SABIC's Innovative Plastics business, a global leader in engineered thermoplastics resin solutions, SABIC Polymershapes is the leading distributor, fabricator/converter of plastic rod, tube, film, sheet and engineered products. SABIC Polymershapes has approximately 750+ employees in 70 locations across the US, Canada and Mexico/Latin America. As a competitive distributor, Polymershapes services segments such as Building & Construction, Automotive, Sign & Display, Transportation and a variety of other Industrial & Retail markets.
SABIC Polymershapes has a tremendous opportunity in the Santa Fe Springs, CA branch as a Fabricator. In partnership with the Warehouse Lead, you will be planning machining, evaluating programs for production and running production machinery.
SABIC Polymershapes employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn, grow and make a difference for our customers. We take pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and personal and professional development that provide for tremendous promotional opportunities.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, production paperwork, materials, specifications, dimensions and tolerances
• Evaluates programs for slitters and sheeters by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Ability to accurately read quality equipment including but not limited to; tape measure and micrometer
• Works with department lead to ensure quality parts are produced
• When necessary, assist with quality assurance with processes that include but are not limited to work instruction, standard operating procedures or other requirements needed to achieve compliance with ISO, Aerospace or other standards.
• Process each order per order/customer specifications
• Verifies accuracy of parts by adhering to inspection process set by management
• Maintains specifications by observing and taking measurements using tape measures and micrometers; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations and maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying warehouse lead and/or calling for repairs
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Maintains quality parts and processes by visually and dimensionally inspecting parts, production paperwork, inspection reports upon receipt at each department
• Ensures a safe working environment and keeps work area clean and organized. Follows housekeeping guidelines set by management. Uses safe operating procedures; e.g. OSHA, PPE etc
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
• Notify management when there is a defect or a potential defect
• Operate forklifts in a safe and professional manner
• Follows all safety procedures
• Use Personal Protection Equipment and all safety equipment when necessary and hold other associates accountable for safe working practices.
• Any additional responsibilities as required
• HS diploma or GED required
• 2yrs + of experience with CNC Machines
• Some experience with maintaining machines
• Ability to read blueprints/work instructions
• Ability to calculate requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry
• Ability to read a tape measure
• Capability to lift up to 50+ lbs when necessary
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Exceptional communication
• Interpersonal and team leadership skills
• Have a cross functional work ethic and be able to learn all aspects of production
• Follow all safety procedures
• Use prescribed safety equipment and holds other associates accountable for safe working practices
• Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards in the warehouse
• Must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must pass the drug test as part of the selection process
• Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States