Fairchild Semiconductor in South Portland, Maine, is seeking a Facilities/Planner Engineer to responsible for system design, capacity studies, tool installations within the semiconductor manufacturing facility. The successful candidate should possess a broad background in plant support systems and a basic understanding of the design and operation of mechanical systems; including HVAC, hydronic, industrial ventilation, exhaust and electrical systems.
South Portland, Maine
Successful Engineer will:
Areas of Focus:
- Plan facilities changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop, justify and implement cost effective alternatives to existing systems.
Communicate results of projects, or status of, to all levels related to changes within the facility.
- Prepare cost effective bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation.
- Inspect construction and installation progress for conformity within established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and improve all functions and budgets for the semiconductor manufacturing Fab 24/7 facility and Class 1 clean room infrastructure:
Variable frequency motor drives
High purity bulk gas and ultra pure water generation and distribution systems
General, acid, ammonia, and VOC incinerator/exhaust systems
Process cooling water system
- An influential leader able to solve complex problems, creativity to develop new techniques and approaches to problem resolution and be results oriented
- Self starter who performs well in a team environment
- Good organizational, communication, verbal, written, skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point and AutoCAD are required
- Demonstrated semiconductor facilities experience a plus
- Understanding of TS16949, ISO 18001, OHSAS 14001, CFATS, & CVI certifications is a plus
- 5+ years experience working in a related role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
Fairchild Semiconductor Incorporated - 20 months ago