Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
The SAVVIS Facilities Mechanical Lead is accountable for planning, maintenance, and documentation of IDC operations and associated mission critical infrastructures toward the economy and maximum utilization of facilities, equipment, and contract resources. As a member of the Facilities Team, the Facilities Mechanical Lead will support mentoring practices of junior staff to ensure continuity of training and quality results. The Facilities Mechanical Lead ensures effective oversight of all contractor activity and maintains fiscal responsibility of projects and required maintenance practices.
- Ensure operational efficiencies and best practices toward maintaining availability / uptime of all 24X7 facilities mission critical operations and mechanical infrastructure.
- Ensure efficient and economic utilization of corporate resources to effect budget maximization and minimize cost.
- Standardize and document all mission critical emergency and operational procedures and maintain as-built documentation.
- Support customer requirements, facilitation, and sales components.
- Share technical knowledge and operational experience with team members to enhance professional growth and promote cross training of staff.
- Act as technical liaison and subject matter expert between the client and internal sales and operational teams.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for sales and systems engineering teams as appropriate.
- Ensure energy efficiency and optimization of mechanical systems.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call emergency response & support as necessary to maintain the highest level of integrity and availability to building systems and mechanical infrastructure efficiency.
- Work directly with the customer and/or SAVVIS support staff to identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of problems to include standing, bending and kneeling as needed to perform this task.
- Perform and execute necessary rounds such as Security and/or Facilities rounds throughout the Data Center and around the property as directed to insure the integrity of the site.
- Maintaining mechanical infrastructure per manufacturers’ recommendation and corporate specifications.
- Coordinate services and activities of maintenance contractors and service providers as appropriate to IDC facilities operations, maintenance, design and construction services in support of corporate and customer objectives.
- Manage projects and administration of professional consultants and contractors providing building repair, and capital improvement services.
- Conduct inspections, surveys and develop recommendations and specifications to improve, repair or modify mechanical plant and building systems toward the highest operational integrity and energy efficiency.
- Develop work statements and MOPs.
- Interface with building management systems and other automated tools and applications to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Maintain appropriate vendor relationships to perform the necessary building repair and maintenance.
- Provide “on-call” emergency response as appropriate to rotational schedule.
- Interface with Sales and Project Management professionals as appropriate.
- Assume the Facilities Manager’s duties during his/her absence.
- Provides effective oversight, leadership and administration of assigned projects which includes direction of project teams and contractors.
- Lifting of SAVVIS and/or customer equipment required up to and in excess of 50 lbs. Server lifts can be utilized where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage contractors, projects, and maintenance activities pertaining to all mechanical infrastructure equipment and systems.
- Evaluate data from building systems to ensure system efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Perform daily inspections and documentation of all infrastructure components as appropriate to all standard operating procedures.
- Develop standard and emergency operating procedures and prepare work-scopes, and technical documentation as required.
- Establish cost estimates and participate in procurement processes in support of operations and pricing activities.
- Develop project budgets and track for efficient use of resources.
- Design and maintain all space to optimize hot/cold aisle configuration
- Support the Facility Manager in the evaluation of space and capacity requests.
- 5+ years experience working in a mission critical environment
- Extensive operational knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, glycol systems, DX systems, CRAH/CRAC unit, humidifiers, chillers, RTUs, chilled water pumps, leak detection, sump pumps, ductwork, VAVs, VFDs, cooling towers, digital controls and BMS, and fire detection and suppression.
- Individual should be a self-starter with problem solving skills and able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills; experience in technical writing and customer-facing presentations.
- Strong team player.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers.
- Strong project management, trouble-shooting and organizational skills.
- Familiarity of local/national regulatory codes, guidelines, and permit processes.
- Understanding of budgets and procurement processes.
- Competent use of Computerized Maintenance Tools (CMMS, BMS, ERP).
- Fluent PC skills (Microsoft Office & Outlook).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Maximo and ALC.
- Knowledge of SAP and CAFM.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States . We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- State Plumbing or A/C License desired.
- Military training or technical certifications desired.
- 5+ years experience in mission critical environments.