This is a full-time management position, with a focus on facility operations, financial management, risk management, center aesthetic, customer experience, and contract administration. Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day facilities operations of the mall including budgeting (operational and capital), expense control, tenant construction, preventative maintenance program management, managing all building components (including HVAC, plumbing, irrigation, FLS, and electrical systems), managing contractor and vendor relationships, administering contracts, supervising contract maintenance, engineering, and janitorial operations; coordinating the company's risk management program within the respective center, maintaining the aesthetic of the center, and maximizing the customer experience.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years' prior facilities management experience, preferably in a retail setting
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to produce a budget forecast and analyze budget numbers for conformance to budgetary guidelines; explanation of variance
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of a shopping center including conformance to budget standards and the day-to-day operation of maintenance, engineering, and housekeeping functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage customer, staff, contractor, governmental, and retailer relationships.
- General familiarity with public area and back of house risk areas of a shopping center and measures used to reduce risk in these areas.
- Ability to initiate and lead safety and risk management meetings.
- Comfort level with initial response and report management of customer incidents.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during operating hours of the center.
- Ability to manage, monitor and develop subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the center.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and lease plans.
- Must be able to inspect the property on a daily basis.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines.
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
- Must be highly organized.
- A background of direct responsibility for energy management on a facility level.
- Professional Designations from BOMA-Institute, Institute for Facilities Management (IFM), Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM).
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and experience with performance-based contracting, including preparation of the RFP and bid package, bid analysis and involvement in contract negotiations.
- Familiarity and experience with CMMS computer-based work order systems.
- Familiarity and comfort with automated building systems, EMS ("Energy Management Systems") and other enterprise software systems.
- OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory training and experience is preferred.
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall and maintaining a consistently high customer experience.
- Utilizes the CMMS system, ecoWISE system, AIQ database, and other operational platforms to efficiently manage the operations of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases, and ensuring these tools are fully utilized in the responsible center.
- Control expenses including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
- Responsible for minimizing the utility utilization at the center level, including electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, steam, and other externally-provided resources which are critical to the operation of the center in a way that doesn't compromise the other operational goals of the company.
- Responsible for the timely implementation of operational capital projects according to approved budget amounts. Additionally, responsible for the compilation, submittal, approval, closure, and reporting of the center's operational capital budget items.
- Assist with the monthly reforecast of the operating budget and preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets.
- Work with the Accounting staff on a monthly basis to reconcile utility bills, expenses, and track spending against cash flow to the property budget.
- Undertake financial analysis of operating costs and expenses to identify cost savings, efficiencies and economies of scale to reduce spending.
- Responsible for managing results-oriented contract services, including bids, negotiation, renewals, payment, supervision and termination. All bids to be conducted in compliance with company guidelines and with the utmost integrity at all times.
- Manage the on-site tenant construction / services and co-ordination working with corporate tenant coordinators, contractors, and city building departments to complete tenant on schedule and according to approved plans in order to expedite rent commencement dates.
- Works directly with regional and corporate managers on regional and national initiatives.
- Supervises and oversees the janitorial, engineering, and maintenance functions, including walk-throughs, meetings and work orders.
- Responsible for the on-site waste management and recycling program and the center-level relationship with the company's waste management partner.
- Maintains a responsive open-line of communication with the tenants, including handling tenant complaints, operational considerations and regular fire and life safety system.
- Inspects the interior/exterior of the building on a daily basis and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
- Maintains all fire and life safety systems according to local code and in a way that protects visitors, shoppers, and employees at all times while on site at the responsible center.
- Maintains liaison with various city departments on building and safety issues. Resolves municipal issues in a timely manner.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Attends weekly staff meeting and daily customer Service ("WOW" program) sessions.
- Coordinates marketing-related requests with appropriate operational departments.
- Provides on-site support and project management to national initiatives overseen or initiated by the corporate National Operations personnel, including sustainability and energy management.
- Holds bi-weekly Risk Management meetings and follows up on action items.
- Provides regular monthly reviews of center incident reports and trends, and implements appropriate programs to minimize incidents of risks within the responsible center.
- Downloads and updates risk management program data from database.
- Ensures center compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk Management, including OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory requirements. Maintains all State and Federal required reports and safety documentation for the center.
- Assists with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the center-level management team.
- Manages and oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
- Participates in Manager-on-Duty rotation at the direction of the General Manager.
- Attends regular regional facilities meetings and national facilities meetings, as required.
- Attends required training classes and programs, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dec 28, 2012, 3:33:38 PM
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...