Provides a safe and enjoyable recreational setting for individuals using the City's splash pad. Attendants represent the City and are expected to act in a responsible manner and set a good example for participants and their parents. A staff T-shirt will be provided by the City, must be worn while working.
Hours vary, based on your availability to work. Shifts are Mon-Fri 9am - 12:30 pm and/or 12:30 - 4pm. Splash Pad is staffed June 10 - August 23, 2013.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Before the season begins, the Facility Attendant:
• Attends a paid training meeting. Facility Attendants will receive keys, along with other supplies needed for the job.
• Fills out all necessary paperwork.
2. During the season, the Facility Attendant:
• Calls the Work Line daily for the evening's possible changes or closures.
• Reports to work, arriving and leaving as scheduled.
• Wears uniform if assigned, keep self neat and clean.
• Welcomes participants, being friendly and involved.
• Opens facility, setting up needed equipment. Picks up/cleans splash pad areas and bathrooms.
• Supervises and disciplines as needed, to ensure the safety of participants, that facility rules are enforced and property protected.
• Update onsite group reservations book with information provided.
• Deposit daily revenue and prepare daily cash.
• Follows department procedure in case of an accident. Phones 911 if necessary. This position does NOT require you to administer first aid.
• Complete report forms as required (accident, attendance, discipline, time sheets).
• Keeps supervisor informed about what is needed at your location to perform your duties.
• Nextel operation
• Check-in table set up and tear down
• Responsible individual
• Minimum age 16
• Independent worker
• Self starter
• Previous experience working as a gym supervisor or warming house attendant or other similar position.
• Experience working independently
• Experience working tactfully and courteously with the public
City of St. Louis Park, MN - 17 months ago