Working for this organization means being a part of the premier entertainment venue of the area, the place where people go to relax, have fun and meet friends. The organization is recruiting a diverse workforce of people who are dependable, flexible and energetic. Every employee is an ambassador to the community, so dedication to customer service and a positive attitude are a constant requirement.
The Facility Engineer role performs a variety of activities involved in the operation and maintenance of the facility's ice floor, ice equipment, ice tools, mechanical and electrical systems and general operations.
Essential Functions: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• This position is responsible for the successful delivery of all aspects of the in-stadium maintenance services in order to guarantee a spotless facility. Maintenance services include in-game and post-game cleaning of entire stadium including stands, seats, locker rooms, public areas, and rest room maintenance.
• Detailed Duties Include:
• Perform installation, troubleshooting, and repair of various commercial HVAC equipment including HVAC and chiller motors and pumps, motor controls, transformers, switchboards, and all arena heating and air conditioning systems and ice plant.
• Perform Ice log reports and prepare and keep required documentation for all AHL game and practice days in the arena.
• Perform routine inventory and parts and supply orders and keep appropriate documentation and purchase request paperwork records.
• Maintaining a safe physical environment in order to prevent slips, trips and falls of employees and visitors.
• Assist in other projects as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
• Candidate will have basic personal computer skills and the ability to learn our HVAC controls software.
• Candidate will be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle.
• Candidate will meet the physical demands of the job, which include lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
• Candidate will be flexible with regard to work schedules. Hours will include nights, weekends and holidays and the ability to be on call 24/7.
• Candidate will have the ability to work as a team player and have good self-motivational skills.
• Candidate will be customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and professional appearance at all times;
• Candidate will have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules; ability to speak effectively to customers and other employees; excellent written and oral communication skills; and the ability to multi-task.
• Employees must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Physical Requirements:
• Position requires the ability to use hands and fingers, walk, talk, hear and stand.
• Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, sometimes repetitively, while bending or stooping.
• Position requires the ability to climb and descend stairs at a normal pace, safely and repeatedly.
• Position requires the ability to crouch, crawl, climb, twist, bend and reach.
• Position requires the ability to walk on ice.
The noise level during events may be very loud
This position may be exposed to extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, as well as outdoor weather patterns.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have 5 or more years experience in the HVAC field?
2. Do you have a two year degree in an HVAC or electrical field of study?
3. If you have less than 5 years in HVAC, please indicate the number of years you have:
4. Do you have basic personal computer skills and the ability to learn our HVAC controls software?
5. Are you licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle?
6. Can you work evenings, weekends and holidays?
The American Hockey League - 8 months ago