GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the direction of a shared facility HIM Director, the
Facility HIM Coordinator will assist as needed in the day-to- day HIM Departmental clerical activities. This position will serve as the on- site initial point of contact when the HIM Director is off-site for the Facility Leadership and the Medical Staff. Acts as facility liaison to the facility HIM Director and, Operations Director as needed.
The shift for this position is 8AM - 4:30PM. This position will also serve as the Facility Privacy Officer and will be responsible for performing state reporting duties.
NOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Technical Skills - ability to apply, review, and educate on equipment and processes
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Communication - communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
High school diploma or equivalency required
A minimum of one year of HIM department experience with a concentration in incomplete record
management is strongly preferred
HCA Inc - 18 months ago