Responsible for supervision and facility management of interior upgrade program projects and assisting with capital budget projects, creating capital expenditure budgets for multiple communities within region. Responsible for managing upgrade inspections, collecting bids and monitoring expenditures and budget. Monitor vendor work, order supplies and approve invoices. Assist with updates and analyze expenditure statements. Review submittals of products and supplies, scheduling of move outs/ins on a daily basis. Responsible for communication between community management, on-site maintenance, vendors, regional facility director and VP Construction. Negotiate with vendors for best prices of work and products. Participate in conference calls and provide work status and completion updates on a timely basis. Manage property damage insurance claims at respective upgrade program properties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help create and monitor capital reposition budget for communities within region; make revisions when necessary.
• Analyze budget expenditure cost and update management.
• Assist on-site maintenance and management with wide range of daily task at communities.
• Inspect site work on a daily basis to ensure move out/in dates are met.
• Obtain bids from contractors and negotiate prices for products and services.
• Assist with preparing check request documents for vendor invoice draws.
• Assist facility director with property damage claims. Inspect damage, obtain bids and inspect work and contractors’ invoices.
• Attend and conduct meetings with vendors and supervisor.
• Establish and manage project schedule on a weekly basis.
• Ensure that adequate equipment, tools, and workers are available for proper and timely execution.
• Investigate and understand city inspection, and Certificate of Occupancy process.
• Coordinate utilities to site – telephone, TV, water, sewer, power and gas.
• Verify all building permits and bonds required for inspection (if applicable).
• Review contracts for compliance with plans and specifications.
• Review all submittals.
• Establish and coordinate RFI’s.
• Establish as-built set of drawings.
• Verify Quality Control Manual and product compliance.
• Verify that products are installed per warranty information.
• Manage project staff.
• Manage Camden’s Safety Manual Compliance.
• Verify that work is completed per draw schedule.
• Manage Daily Log books and progress photos.
• Manage weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Ensure proper procedure for making changes in the drawings and specifications are established.
• Ensure proper coordination with Property Management for turnovers.
• Verify Warranty Books and final job close out.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 year experience in construction and/or apartment maintenance. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
5 year experience construction and apartment maintenance.
Technical Skills and Training: Proficient PC skills. Excellent software skills in excel and word.
Supervisory Experience: 3 - 5 Years
Camden Property Trust
- 2 years ago - save job
Facility Operations was born out of a need for a fully custom facility management service provider. Founded in 2001, Facility Operations is...