Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facility Technician I performs hands on operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and offloading Vans.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs basic operations including, but not limited to, drum movement, drum opening, tank farm truck loading/unloading in Compliance with DOT segregation requirements, filter press operations, and proper inventory warehousing.
- Operates a forklift when necessary, Responsible for performing and documenting daily safety check prior to operating.
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements,-Able to use scanning application for dumping and pumping.
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and satisfactorily completes quizzes.
- Ensures, understands and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
- Meets or exceeds production goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Understands Clean Compliance Standard.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School Education or equivalent.
- Fork lift training (preferred).
- DOT training.
Ability to work in team environment.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Climb on and off forklifts
- Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waste
- Climb up and down vertical ladders
- Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force
- 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
- 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit)
- Good hand/eye coordination
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste management...