Capella University seeks out faculty who combine top academic credentials with working or practitioner experience in the fields they teach. Our faculty provide a variety of educational opportunities to our degree and certificate learners. Faculty are responsible for meeting the expectations and requirements of the Capella learner while establishing and maintaining effective relationships. Faculty ensure that learners receive quality educational experiences consistent with stated course outcomes as well as accreditation standards. Capella values the capabilities and talents of its faculty and expects continued learning and development through practice in the discipline or outside scholarly activities.
Primary responsibilities of our faculty include:
Other faculty activities may include:
- teaching (online), demonstrating knowledge of adult learning theory and practices, to include learning contracts, collaborative learning, and active learning strategies
- building an online community conducive to the spirit of learning and continuous improvement in a positive, learner-focused environment
- assessing learning through feedback, coaching, and interpersonal skills
- making a positive impact on learner retention and persistence
- contributing to curriculum and course development.
- Faculty staff meetings
- the availability to teach fieldwork courses which includes weekly online/phone group supervision meetings with learners in the course
- Working with advanced doctoral learners (mentor and committee work)
- specialized responsibilities or coordinating functions within departments
An earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution in Counselor Education and Supervision (CACREP accredited is preferred), or an earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the areas of counseling, psychology,education, social work or related field.
- A demonstrated understanding of counselor education, including theory, research, and best practices
- Current license to practice independently as a counselor/therapist required
- 2 years of experience working in a mental health counseling setting
- A minimum of 3 years teaching in counselor education is desired.
- Prefer a minimum of two years experience teaching in an online environment
- Experience or education in teaching fieldwork courses and/or providing counselor supervision preferred
- Membership and /or involvement is desired in professional organizations or associations
- Evidence of supporting learner success and a commitment to quality teaching outcomes.
- Experience mentoring/advising graduate learners in an online environment is desired
This is an off-site position.
*Due to state higher education regulations, Capella University is restricted from hiring course room instructors who are residents of Vermont.
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 20 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...