Redstone College in Denver is looking for Lab Assistants.
The Lab Faculty is responsible for assisting Instructors in various shops were there are over 25 students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Adheres to published class schedule, and enforcing start times, break times and class ending times.
· Plans and thoroughly prepares for class.
· Checks stock of all shop materials needed for your assigned instruction block prior to the start of class.
· Resolves minor student problems in a timely and effective manner. Student problems that are beyond the scope of the instructor level must be resolved by reporting the problem to the next level of supervision.
· Maintains accurate and current records of the student’s attendance and grades on the approved school Grade/Attendance sheets and in accordance with school and FAA requirements.
· Establishes standards and serve as a role model for students and peers for attendance and professional attire and appearance.
· Assists, organizes and controls all safety and HAZMAT issues to conform with all school policies and all local, state, federal and accreditation regulations.
· Effectively identifies and solves problems and conflicts.
· Participates in faculty meetings to stay aware of the activities of other classes. Actively engages peers in discussions related to planning overall objectives of campus and education department goals.
· Promotes a positive image and attitude toward operating objectives established by Alta Colleges, Inc., Redstone College and other departments, including positive attitude toward all company employees.
· Adheres to published Redstne College policies and procedures.
· Maintains open dialogue with all supervisors, managers, peers and staff.
· Facilitates effective discussions with peers, administration staff, industry members, management and students.
· Interacts with students, manages student issues and complaints in a professional manner.
· Understands the FAA Operations Manual/Control Document.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist parking enforcement for students and employees.
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
At the time of hiring Redstone College faculty and education department managers are required to hold a completed graduate degree, undergraduate degree, and/or appropriate certification from a U.S. regionally or nationally accredited university as required by accrediting organizations. In addition, state licensing and national accrediting criteria apply. Faculty with international credentials, are required to present an official U.S. degree evaluation by AACRAO or NACES recognized evaluation agency.
1. Appropriate technical certification (if required)
2. Evidence of the required number of hours of non teaching related experience (if required)
3. Appropriate professional experience
4. Teaching experience preferred
5. Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills
7. Strong attention to detail
Redstone College - 23 months ago