Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Faculty members are expected to provide instruction and student advising as assigned by the departmental chairman.
- Academic advisement concerning the program requirements and related courses.
- The faculty of the department have the responsibility prescribe and define courses of study (for their students).
- Faculty members are expected to participate in scholarly and research activities which enhance their professional development and contribute to their disciplines.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity.
The candidate must possess a DrPH or ScD or a PhD in a Public Health Discipline. An MD with an MPH is also acceptable. We encourage applications from diverse applications from diverse research areas; priority given to candidates with previous academic position(s) especially in programs or schools of public health. We especially seek candidates with strong research skills, excellent publications and extramural funding records, curriculum development experience, and demonstrated teaching excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to assist in the development of the MPH program; teach and mentor diverse students; advance their own externally-funded research program; and collaborate across disciplines with academic colleagues in the TTUHSC and our sister institutions in the Texas Tech University and Angelo State University, as well as with community partners and stakeholders.
- Candidates from diverse research areas; candidates with previous academic position(s) especially in programs or schools of public health.
- Candidates with strong research skills, excellent publication and extramural funding records, curriculum development experience, and demonstrated teaching excellence.
- Candidates should provide record of or potential for scholarly activity whenever possible, as well as the demonstrated potential for effective teaching using a variety of methodologies.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
An Associate Professor faculty position in the Department of Public Health.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Texas Tech University - 9 months ago