Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Prepare and deliver assigned courses, including class syllabi and instructional objectives.
- Evaluation of student performance in assigned courses.
- Identification of students who are not achieving course or program objectives and contribution to a remediation plan
- Serve as an assigned advisor for PA students in didactic and clinical year classes.
- Serve as clinical coordinator for students in the clinical year of the program.
- Assist other instructional faculty members in the successful delivery of the curriculum.
- Participate in program and institutional committee appointments.
- Contribute to the recruitment and counseling of potential PA students.
- Involvement in the activities of regional, state and national organizations concerned with promoting a positive image of the PA program.
- Participate in program evaluation and development and accreditation maintenance.
- Engage in other activities as determined by the Physician Assistant Program Director.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program or other healthcare related program from an accredited college/university (i.e. medical school, residency, etc…).
- Graduate degree required.
- Current NCCPA certification or other healthcare professional certification.
- Must have or be eligible for licensure by the Texas Medical Board.
- Professional interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills.
- Prefer 3-5 years of clinical experience.
- Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study.
- A record of professional service appropriate to the discipline.
- Promise of growth in teaching and scholarly activity.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
The physical demands for this faculty position would be similar to clinical practice, but will include didactic lecturing and management of lab activities involving demonstration of clinical skills.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 4 months ago