Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in technologically based media.
The candidate will aid the School of Art in the development of a workspace appropriate to address curricular needs. The successful candidate will be expected to advise undergraduate and graduate students and actively participate in departmental, college and university committee work.
In addition, the candidate will be expected to continue research in a field related to the position of hire and maintain a working knowledge of changes in technological developments as they occur. At times, the candidate may be expected to take on other related teaching assignments.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity. This position will be classified as Security Sensitive and require a criminal background check if selected for employment.
• MFA in Studio or Design.
• Record of professional activity, exhibitions and research that demonstrate emerging national recognition in transmedia.
• Applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge of traditional and experimental approaches as they relate to the position of hire and should be engaged in contemporary theoretical issues in art and design.
• The candidate should be familiar with the Macintosh platform as it relates to software and hardware for video editing, time-based and/or interactive explorations, and media creation.
• Three years full time teaching experience as related to position of hire.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your online application:
1. Letter of Application
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Other document (include research statement & teaching philosophy
4. Professional references (include three-five reference names with phone & email contact information)
5. College transcripts
More than one document may be uploaded to a specific category.
Additionally, through Slideroom, please upload your image portfolio: twenty images each of personal and student artwork relevant to the position. Visual images will only be accepted through Slideroom.
Please see https://ttuart.slideroom.com for further instructions.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.