The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University invites applications from outstanding faculty candidates at all levels and tracks (tenure-track, research, and systems). We are interested in all areas of robotics including:
- Dynamics, control, and planning
- Graphics and intersection of vision and graphics
- Human-robot interaction
- Machine learning in robotics
- Novel mechanisms, materials and actuators
- Perception including computer vision, audition, and tactile sensing
We are also interested in growing fundamental scientific programs that support robotics application areas including:
- Aerial and aquatic robotics
- Agricultural and environmental robotics
- Autonomy and vision for outdoor systems
- Quality of life and medical robotics
Please include a letter indicating the research area and faculty track, a detailed curriculum vitae (including citizenship or current visa status for non-US citizens), a research statement (including both current and future directions) and a teaching statement (if appropriate for the track), copies of 1 - 3 representative papers, and the names and email addresses of three or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.
Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2013 through January 15, 2014 (but may continue to be accepted for review after that date until all positions have been filled).
American Society of Mechanical Engineers - 8 months ago