Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of the Twin Cities. MCTC enrolls 58% students of color. The college provides a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at:
1 F ull-Time Probationary (This is the two-year college equivalent of a tenure-track position.)
Date of Appointment: Beginning Fall Semester 2014/August 20, 2014
Examples of Duties:
Design Courses and Instruct students in the following: 1) Computer Programming 2) Advance networking operations including Microsoft Networking Administration, Cisco Administration, and Linux Administration, and 3) Computer security implementation and management, 4) Software Design and Customization
· Interact with students with a variety of teaching methods, advising, having office hours, Compute club, and computer club and computer security competition.
· Able to develop, teach face to face and teach online and blended courses.
· Able to teach daytime, nighttime, and at alternative sights to meet the needs of a diverse population.
·Support the department decision making with respect to budgeting, scheduling and selecting textbooks.
· Participate in department meetings, Department Advisory Committee, and in extra-curricular opportunities as part of the larger college community.
· Departmental Assessment, outreach programs, student recruiting, and student open houses.
· Must possess or meet minimum qualifications for the MnSCU credential field of Computer Programming # 500091 http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/fields/Code/credentials.php?action=view&cid=415
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline with a minimum of 20 semester credits (30 quarter credits) in computer programming.
- Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in computer programming.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
PERFERRED QUALIFICATION · Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or a comparable computer field.
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
· Teaching Knowledge of Python, PHP, Web Programming, Visual C# .Net, JAVA, Mobile Applications, & Visual Basic Net.
· Teaching knowledge of Web Servers, Data Communications, Microsoft-based LAN/WAN, and APPLE-based LAN/WAN.
· Certifications in A+, Network+, and MCP Certifications, JAVA and .NEt
· Experience in teaching, especially with multicultural and nontraditional students.
· Experience in teaching or training in a two year college or technical college setting
· Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
· Willingness to participate in activities supporting a culture of continuous improvement in all collegiate areas
· Experience teaching or reinforcing soft skills, teamwork, and identifying end-user needs within technology focused environments.
MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 21, 2014 WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. Please detail your experience in the areas of responsibility listed and how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications on your application. Also submit a resume, unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of at least three (3) references who can directly address the your qualifications for this position (prefer that 1 or more references have observed you while acting in a teaching capacity) to: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm
Copies of transcripts are acceptable for the screening process; however, the successful candidate must provide official transcripts at the time of hire.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application
from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard