Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of the Twin Cities. MCTC enrolls 46% students of color. The college provides a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs
Examples of Duties:
Design Courses and Instruct students in the following: 1) Advance networking operations including Microsoft Networking Administration, Cisco Administration, and Linux Administration, and 2) Computer security implementation and management, 3) Software Design and Customization
· I nteract with students with a variety of teaching methods, advising, having office hours, Compute club, and computer security competition.
· Able to develop and teach online and blended courses.
· A ble to teach daytime, nighttime, and at alternative sights to meet the needs of a diverse population.
· Support the department decision making with respect to budgeting, scheduling and selecting textbooks.
· Participate in department meetings, Department Advisory Committee, and in extra-curricular opportunities as part of the larger college community.
· Departmental Assessment, outreach programs, student recruiting, and student open houses.
· Must possess or meet minimum qualifications for the MnSCU credential field of Microcomputer Support Specialist, #145520
· Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Networking, MIS or a comparable computer field
· One year experience writing code, managing data and customer interface
· A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in a post-secondary setting
· Certified in Network + and Security+
· Teaching knowledge of Firewall implementation and management, Wireless implementation and administration, Web Servers, Voice over IP and Data Communications, Microsoft-based LAN/WAN, and APPLE-based LAN/WAN.
· Certifications in A+, CCNA, Linux+, Wireless, and MCP Certifications
· Experience in teaching, especially with multicultural and nontraditional students.
· Experience in teaching or training in a two year college or technical college setting,
· Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
· Willingness to participate in activities supporting a culture of continuous improvement in all collegiate areas.
Materials submitted electronically on or before June 14, 2013 will receive priority review; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 4 months ago