Performs electrical and physical failure analysis on RF power amplifier products to support the company goal of improving product reliability and performance. Understand, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties, process capability and techniques used in production, particularly in GaAs HBT and Si wafer fabrication. Make recommendations for design engineering, process engineering and packaging engineering on selection, manufacturing, application and test of electronic components and systems. Uses electronics and device physics concepts; develop proficiency in operating FA tools, such as X-ray, C-SAM, photon emission microscope, SEM, FIB, etc. Read circuit schematics and layouts, and applies failure analysis procedures to identify the failure location and the root causes (troubleshooting capability). Write failure analysis reports, including charts and photographs. Co-ordinate with design engineering, process engineering and package engineering to correct the product defect or weakness and to improve the product reliability.*LI-LK1
- B.S. in science or EE, along with a minimum of 5+ years FA of IC (integrated circuits)experience required.
- MS and 3 years or PhD and 0 to 3 years. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Hands on lab experience preferred with tools such as optical microscope, X-ray, C-SAM, SEM and photo emission microscope, hot spot analysis, etc.
- Solid knowledge in circuit and device physics concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive numerical and graphical data analysis using software tools.
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly with MS Excel software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilizes a proactive and persistent approach and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Ability to successfully communicate with individuals at all levels of the business and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be willing to work a 2nd shift schedule (approximately 3 pm - midnight). Candidate will work on first shift during transition period, but will ultimately transfer to 2nd shift. Eligible for shift incentive.
Skyworks Solutions - 16 months ago
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports...