Responsible for scanning student ID cards in and out of chapel weekly MWF 9:15-10:45 AM. The Chapel Scanner team is committed to support the mission and vision of Chapel and maintain consonance with the Chapel Attendance and Behavior Policies. They endeavor to model Biblical values, dignity for individuals, respect for community, responsibility in the academic programs, and mature responses to the dilemmas that face them each day.
1. Greet students, faculty, staff and visitors as they enter chapel.
2. Scan student ID cards in and out of chapel.
3. DO NOT scan students in or out whom you know have not attended that particular chapel.
4. DO NOT scan IDs that do not belong to the person presenting them.
5. Chapel scanners set a standard of conduct at chapel which means respecting the chapel speakers and students by not disrupting chapel service and adhering to the Chapel Behavior Policy.
- Must be a current PLNU undergraduate student of a sophomore, junior, or senior class standing and have been enrolled in PLNU for a minimum of one semester prior to applying for this position
- Must be in good academic standing, minimum of a 2.5 GPA , and expected to be in good standing with the PLNU community as a whole.
- Support, model, and carry out the policies and standards of Point Loma Nazarene University as stated in the Student Handbook and University Catalog.
- Responsible, dependable, friendly, mature, and professional
- Ability to maintain good relations between students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Work Study or non-Work Study students are encouraged to apply.
- Be available to begin fall team training for LEAD Week and NSO
- Schedule: MWF 9:15-10:45 AM, with possible additional hours during Time Out on W 8:40-10:20 PM.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit ALL of the ‘Optional Applicant Documents’ (listed on the application) either as an attachment or in person to Milton Karahadian, Director of Nicholson Commons, 3rd floor of Nicholson Commons. Incomplete applications will not be considered.