Provide peer tutoring in course-specific subject areas. We will be looking for tutors for every subject area and course.
During stated hours of availability, tutors conduct individual and small group tutoring in the Tutorial Center by appointment. Some conduct review sessions based on professor request.
Tutors must complete 6-8 hours of self-paced training on Eclass, attend group training during LEAD in August, attend 1 or 2 tutor meetings per semester, and follow the policies and procedures of the Tutorial Center. Tutors must check email daily for appointment notifications.
- Must be currently enrolled at PLNU .
- Must be at least a sophomore, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Must earn at least an A- in each course tutored and be recommended to tutor by the instructor.
- Transfer students must have completed at least one semester at PLNU before being hired.
- All applicants must complete an interview with the Academic Support Program Coordinator.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Tutors are selected based on the qualifications stated above. Selection may also be influenced by availability, experience, & people skills.
Step 1. Fill out the online application.
Step 2. Ask an appropriate faculty member to email a recommendation to email@example.com.
Step 4. The Academic Support Program Coordinator will review your online application and if you are qualified, contact you to set up an interview.
Step 5. Complete interview.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 12 months ago