Responsible for the case management functions of a caseload of foster youth and respective foster homes in our Akron/Canton division.
This will be accomplished through the following:
- Review referrals of youth to determine if and where the placement may occur. Communicate with the foster parent/s to discuss the potential placement of the referral, working in conjunction with the intake process used by the state and division.
- Coordinate home visits for the youth with all appropriate parties. Discuss all relevant issues pertaining to the youth in care with foster parent/s, youth, school officials, natural parents, placing agency and other appropriate parties involved with the youth according to policy, regulations and best practice standards. Complete inventories of property for each youth and ensure foster parents are updating inventories.
- Attend hearings and semi-annual review for all youth assigned to caseload. Assist with enrolling youth in school and attends Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings. Assure that health care needs of youth are being realized including medical, dental, vision and hearing as well as special needs. Provide after care for 90 days or as required by contract.
- Complete assessments as required by state rules, agency policies, and/or contract requirements. Assessments may include psychosocial assessments, Diagnostic Assessment Forms, and independent living skills assessments.
- Prepare Individualized Treatment Plan (IAP, ISP etc.), DAF's, and Mental Health Individualized Services Plans according to established time frames involving all appropriate parties as required by policy and regulations of the state.
- Timely document outcome of home visits, support sessions, interaction with parties involved in the youth's care and incidents as required by policy, regulations and contract requirements. Prepare and submit timely all required company, RFP, program, referral agency and regulatory reports, PARS, progress notes, and billing tickets. Compile profile using pre and post assessment tools for outcome measures. Report census information to DOM/finance department for billing and foster parent payroll as indicated.
- Maintain contact with referral agency caseworker using discharge reports, Diagnostic Assessment forms, telephone calls, and incident reports in addition to regularly scheduled and required written reports.
- Review all youth and foster home files pertaining to caseload as part of the quality improvement process.
•1989 - SAFY developed a new corporate structure and SAFY of America was incorporated and began providing all administrative services to the...