- Work with participants during after-school hours, school breaks and summer recess.
- Provide constant supervision of assigned groups of children.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Participate daily in recreational, creative and artistic activities.
- Chaperone field trips.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities.
- Submit lesson plans in a timely fashion.
- Record, submit and maintain accurate attendance records.
- Pick up and dismiss program participants.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Monitor participant behavior and consult with the Site Director when necessary.
- Maintain the general upkeep of space and materials used by the OST program.
- Coordinate special events in collaboration with the Education Specialist.
- Provide support to Activity Specialists and Resident Artists.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
- HS Diploma or GED (AA, BA or BS in Education, Child Development or related field preferred)
- Experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expected timelines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reading skills.
- Previous experience working in an arts-related environment is a plus.
SCO Family of Services - 6 months ago