Job Title: Farm/Ranch Ops Services Representative
Job ID: 03602
Division : Commercial Farm/Ranch
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidate for this position will have good communication skills.
Operations Services Representatives screen and process new business, renewals and changes for Farm Ranch products, referring items to underwriting where appropriate. They answer inquiries from agents and insureds related to Farm Ranch processing and quoting, and use multiple systems to research and resolve basic premium and services issues. This is the entry-level processing position within Farm Ranch Operations.
- New Business and Premium Estimate Processing (35%)
- Processes and enters New Business, Premium Estimates or Eapps for single locations in multiple states using state specific regulations and laws
- Alpha search for existing policies and matches (bundles) apps that can be associated. Set up policy, upload into EDMS, send notification to agent, document E-notes and distribute to working mailboxes
- Validates information including: third party interests (TPI), Class codes, discounts, associated policies and appropriate down payment and billing options. Orders and/or reviews necessary reports. Corresponds with agent to obtain missing information and reviews agent application for agent comments.
- Compares applications against underwriting referral criteria and determines which to transfer to underwriting based on established guidelines and taking into account state differences.
- Completes system entry process while establishing appropriate down payment and billing options. Detailed free-form typing is required. Assemble and verify documents. Document activities in Enotes and make appropriate database entries.
- Processes simple work task management (WTM) from customer billing where information is easily accessible.
- Renewal & Change Processing (25%)
- Processes plain changes (including one term, mortgagee), cancels, reinstatements and renewals with no changes for multiple states using knowledge of state specific regulations and laws.
- Validates information including: third party interests (TPI), Class codes, discounts, associated policies and appropriate down payment and billing options. May order and/or review reports. Corresponds with agent to obtain missing information and reviews agent application for agent comments.
- Compares change and renewal requests against underwriting referral criteria and determines which to transfer to underwriting based on established guidelines and taking into account state differences.
- Completes system entry process while establishing appropriate down payment and billing options. When needed, type missing or incomplete information, assemble and verify documents. Document activities in Enotes and make appropriate database entries.
- Generates letters, endorsements and policy documents associated with the requested change using multiple processing systems. Verifies accuracy and assembles output. This is a high volume and manual process.
- Researches and processes simple changes generated by multiple exception listings and WTMs from Customer Billing. These include reinstatements where information is easily accessible.
- Team Administration (20%)
- Receives, batches and sorts E-apps, premium estimates, mail, e-forms, and other incoming correspondence for assignment
- Preps, scans and indexes incoming department correspondence. Directs images to services and underwriting mailboxes.
- Determines correspondence type, and uploads and indexes documents into EDMS. Determines what correspondence goes to agent and sends electronically.
- Verifies and purges out-of-force policies before sending to archives.
- Agent and Customer Support (15%)
- Answers inquiries from internal and external customers related to Farm/Ranch policies and accounts for multiple states using knowledge of state specific regulations and laws. Follows up with customers using appropriate verbal and written communication.
- Resolves processing issues from internal and external customers by researching basic account information and policy history from multiple systems, explaining policy processing steps, and taking appropriate action.
- Uses multiple systems and databases to obtain information needed to resolve basic customer issues or questions.
- Projects, Knowledge Sharing & Problem Resolution (5%)
- Acts as a mentor and conducts on the job training concerning basic team processing duties. Uses knowledge of state specific regulations and laws for multiple states. Audits trainees' progress and reports progress to management.
- Assists Business Technology & Services in projects as appropriate for level of knowledge.
- Completes test scenarios from specified projects as necessary.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Concern for Quality
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Outlook, Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 16 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...