Under the direction of the Center for the Arts Supervisor and with assistance from the Farmers Market Coordinator this position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and efficient assistance in a cashier position processing EBT/SNAP and credit card sales.
Examples of Duties:
1. Provide in-person customer service at the Farmers Market.
2. Answer general questions regarding the Farmers Market and specific questions about using EBT/SNAP and credit cards at the Farmers Market.
3. Occasional office support for Farmers Market activities as coordinated/approved by Supervisor.
4. Utilize wireless EBT/SNAP and credit card terminal to sell tokens that are redeemable at a variety of market vendors.
5. Accurately balance and record all electronic transactions.
6. Collect and process EBT/SNAP and credit card tokens redeemed by vendors.
7. Participate as a farmer market team member to ensure the program’s compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
8. Attend all staff trainings and meetings.
9. Follow established City policies and procedures.
10. Complete other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Must be available the entire season from June through October (Saturdays 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) and occasional weekday hours.
3. Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check.
4. Must have customer service experience.
5. Must have cashiering skills.
1. One year of college and experience working in an office setting.
2. Possess good communication skills, leadership and organizational skills.
3. A willingness to learn about and support people with varied backgrounds and economic status.
This position works approximately 6 - 8 hours/week from June through October, Saturdays 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bloomington Civic Plaza - East lot
1800 West Old Shakopee Road
City of Bloomington, MN - 2 years ago