Give Big, Get Hired
Yes, we Give Big and Give Back to our communities, but we also Give Big in our career opportunities. Having a pulse won’t be enough; our Give Big team is built on dedicated, motivated, goal oriented team members. Connect with us to see if you would make the cut in being part of the Community Choice Team, no jerseys required.
Location: Milford/New Hudson (Float Position after training will be assigned to Branch)
We currently have an opportunity for sales-oriented, self-motivated individual to a fill full-time Personal Advisor position for our Floater Program. The Personal Advisors in the program will be assigned to an area of branches to float between while completing the Personal Advisor training program. Once training is successfully completed, a permanent assignment to a branch will be made. As a Personal Advisor , you will be identifying financial and investment needs for our members while cultivating prospective membership opportunities. The financial gains and the opportunity to be part of a recognized organization can be great – but it takes a dedicated individual to capitalize on the potential.
Our Personal Advisors are responsible for providing quality service and assistance to membership by identifying and recommending appropriate products, solutions and services that will improve their financial lives while meeting individual sales and service objectives.
If this is your new career, you will be....
· Utilizing a 'member-centric' approach, determine individual member's financial needs and recommend the appropriate products and services in order to improve member's financial lives .
· Responsible for monitoring individual sales performance to ensure sales numbers are accurately reported.
· Responsible for opening Credit Union member accounts and enrollment in credit union services, and clearly presenting and explaining accounts and service terms and conditions in order to meet both member expectations and compliance requirements.
· Effectively answer questions by listening, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results in order to assist members and staff in solving accounts related issues.
· Process and disburse member cash, check and loan transaction to ensure accurate handling within all rules and regulations.
· Monitor deposit amounts and negotiable instruments for proper endorsement in order to verify the instrument, and act promptly to resolve any discrepancies.
· Balance daily transactions of Visa payments and advances, money orders and cash totals to insure accurate postings within credit union's compliance policies.
· Accurately and efficiently input loan applications to insure timely lending underwriting.
· Process member loan closing and ensure loan documentation and disbursements are complete and accurate.
· Respond to all robbery threats according to credit union security procedures to maintain the security and safety of staff and membership.
· Perform control item procedures and account file maintenance changes processing member transactions to ensure the safety and privacy of member information.
· Serve as Liaison between member and Loss Prevention with fraud related issues, and to insure the safety and security of member account information.
· Prepare loan documentation according to established policies and procedures to ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate.
Performance Measurements –
1. Member service and teller functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
2. Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
3. Good relations exist with members. Member problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
4. Good working relationships and coordination exist with team members and management.
5. Loan processing functions are competed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Personal sales goals are consistently met and promotions are supported.
Job Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education : Equivalent to a high school education
Experience : Six months to two years of similar or related experience
Required Knowledge :
Knowledge of financial industry
Skills and Abilities:
Strong customer service skills
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Good organizational abilities
Stong Ability to multi-task
Good math skills
Good computer skills
Mental Demands :
This position requires the team member to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner, and anticipate all of the potential ramifications of the decisions made.
The team member must be able to develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures and be able to analyze the work flow of the Credit Union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The team member must be able to read and interpret documents or instruments, understand / follow complex written and oral instructions, make decision and to resolve problems or unique circumstances, be able to express oneself clearly/concisely, perform mathematical functions, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
C Community Choice Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Community Choice CU - 19 months ago