Give Big, Get Hired
Yes, we Give Big and Give Back to our communities, but we also Give Big in our career opportunities. Having a pulse won’t be enough; our Give Big team is built on dedicated, motivated, goal oriented team members. Connect with us to see if you would make the cut in being part of the Community Choice Team, no jerseys required.
Job Title: Network Security Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
We currently have an opportunity for self-motivated individual to fill full-time Information Technology Network Security Manager position in our Administration Building located in Farmington Hills.
As a Network Security Manager you will be responsible to maintain streamlined operations of the IT department which includes all credit union networks, systems, and applications in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. You will oversee the administration and maintenance of the credit union’s infrastructure, security, telecommunications systems, LAN/WAN Networks, applications, data warehouse, helpdesk administration, asset management and disaster recovery. Responsible for developing and implementing Information Technology policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, budgeting and planning for current organizational structure and/or future growth.
If this is your new career, you will be....
· Works with the Operations Support Manager to implement the strategic direction for the department by creating and following project plans in order to ensure support of the organizations’ strategic initiatives and department’s business initiatives
· Analyzes and manages all hardware and software, network infrastructure, capacity planning, network web application, physical security, LAN/WAN design, and service provider offerings by developing network architecture and security design to ensure database connectivity support.
· Manages and supports LAN/WAN (main office, and seven branch locations) which includes monitoring of network traffic and Internet connections, developing a plan that meets the future growth needs of the organization.
· Manages technology vendor relationships; negotiate contracts, maintenance agreements, user licenses, and approves invoices as needed, in order to maintain relationships and ensure system coverage and service is sustained in order to avoid system interruptions.
· Responsible for the administration of the Helpdesk, Active Directory, Exchange Server and corporate Intranet, by maintaining user access and ensuring site functionality meets stakeholder needs while managing space, security and content.
· Develops processes and procedures to improve existing infrastructure, security and overall system reliability, while maintaining security practices that meet the current and future needs of the credit union.
· Identifies risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to network, and information systems while making recommendations to eliminate or minimize the identified risks, by analyzing available IT products and makes recommendations for hardware and software solutions that will create an efficient and secure IT infrastructure.
· Responsible to provide recommendations for updates and remediation of IT policies and risk assessments by researching best practices and industry standards and maintaining knowledge of FFIEC standards and practices in order to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
· Participates in the development and updates of the IT disaster recovery plan by maintaining network recovery plans and procedures, while working with the disaster recovery team to develop and maintain a thorough organizational plan as the business environment changes.
· Works to ensure data files are not accessed without authorization, by protecting data from being lost, modified, or inappropriately disclosed through enforcement of security controls, allowing information sharing that is safe and secure.
· Assists in installing, implementing, and maintaining security software that tests security systems and ensures software and hardware perform appropriately. Monitors computer viruses, spam and spyware and recommends appropriate solutions to ensure up to date and effective software is installed.
Supervisory Responsibilities –
Responsible for training, coaching and leading team, by setting goals and implementing accountability to meet business initiatives and organizational objectives.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University and 5 years of technical and/or project related experience in a Windows networked and/or Cisco (or related) router WAN environment.
Experience: Five + years technical and leadership experience.
· Thorough understanding of complex information systems
· Thorough knowledge of security hardware, software, and processes
· Knowledge of database reporting, user access control, security models, and backup processes
· Knowledge of active directory and SharePoint 2008/2010
· Optional Industry certifications (i.e. A+, Network+, MCP, Security+, CCDA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSI, CCIE, CCSP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, CEH, CISSP, ACA, ACE, ACS, CCVP, CIPT0S, etc…).
This position requires the team member to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner, and anticipate all of the potential ramifications of the decisions made.
The team member must be able to develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures and be able to analyze the work flow of the Credit Union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The team member must be able to read and interpret documents or instruments, understand / follow complex written and oral instructions, make decision and to resolve problems or unique circumstances, be able to express oneself clearly/concisely, perform mathematical functions, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performance Measurements –
· System Administration functions are performed effectively and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· IT/Security risk policies and assessments are thorough and accurate.
· IT security products are appropriately evaluated and utilized. Recommendations are meaningful and provide accurate information.
· Recommendations for Hardware/software enhancements and additions are made with proper documentation with thorough research performed.
· IT Team meets service expectations and goals while responding to system outages and interruptions timely and efficiently.
Community Choice Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.
Our Commitment to Personal Service:
We believe in giving you more choices and breaking the 9 to 5 banking cycle. Personal Advisors staff...