Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance.
Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Security Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the protection of all data held by the Client System.
As part of the stewardship of that data, the Security and Audit Consultant will perform the following functions:
- Support regular interactions with clients, including senior executive clients as required
- Conduct internal auditing of IT and Financial controls in place over the project system
- Research, define and support implementation of IT and Financial controls that can enhance the protection of the sensitive data within the project system
- Support performance of risk-based assessments of existing and legislatively driven system enhancements to the project system
- Understand and act upon Federal regulatory, legislative, OMB, GAO and National Institute of Standards in Technology (NIST) guidance and requirements
- Support interaction with high-profile requesters supporting investigations of waste, fraud and abuse
- Proactively prevent fraud from outside or inside the project system by performing regular review of Audit Logs and other data available to the Security Team
- Interact with External Accounting firm Auditors such as Delloitte & Touche and E&Y on an almost daily basis to support clean audits of the project
- Perform various Identity & Access Management tasks, including User Administration (creation of approved User IDs) to ensure that Access to the sensitive data is granted only to approved individuals
- Brief project Security Team management on high-priority Security and Audit-related matters as required
- Serve as the Project's Subject Matter Expert on IT and Financial controls, dispensing guidance to any Project member as needed, under the direction of Security and Audit Team Management.
- Understand and support implementation of implement industry standards such as COBIT (IT controls) COSO (Financial controls) and similar controls such as those required by Sarbanes Oxley and OMB A-123
- Support Certification & Accreditation of project and related systems
- Create and execute SQL queries in support of various Security & Audit related needs
- Other Security & Audit duties as assigned
BA or BS degree or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
GPA: 3.3 or higher
2 years experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
6 months of applicable experience
6 months of Presentation experience
Knowledge of information systems, software development lifecycle, and current computer technology a plus
Knowledge of information security standards and federal guidelines.
Experience with software development and maintenance practices and methodologies (especially requirements, design and testing phases) a plus
Professional Skill Requirements:
Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Good attention to detail
Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting,...