Federal Marketing Assistant I – Junior Proposal Writer
DYONYX is looking for a Federal Marketing Assistant to join our Federal Business Development Team. This position will primarily focus on responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and other Federal government solicitations. Core Responsibilities include:
In addition, this role will plan, design, write, edit, proofread and finalize other Federal marketing documents and collateral such as case studies and white papers, prepare PowerPoint presentations and assist with coordinating Webinars and other Federal marketing events. Social media management, website development and management for niche marketing campaigns (including FederalTechnologyNews.com and other micro-sites), managing mailing lists and email campaigns, and website content development support as well as managing the Federal events calendar, providing coverage for local DC networking events and assisting the Director of Business Development in lead generation activities are also within the function of this role.
- Developing proposal schedules
- Creating the proposal response outline
- Coordinating and editing technical inputs for grammar, single voice and clarity
- Writing and editing proposals
Qualifications / Experience:
- Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Must be a self-managed, self-starter as the position will require a mix of working from home and at various locations throughout the DC area (primarily Arlington, VA)
- Position will require local travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Graphics editing / development experience is a plus.
- Experience with Information Technology and with government Proposal or Grant submissions is a significant plus.
- Participates regularly in department and company-wide proposal writing projects. May serve as proposal coordinator for Federal and company-wide production efforts.
- Interfaces with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
- Researches a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
- Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
- Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and corrects problem areas as they arise.
- Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
- Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
- Provides technical writing/editing support to other Company contracts when workloads permit.
- Establishes and maintains electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field from an accredited college or university or demonstrated equivalent is preferred.