The Potomac Alternate Channels Team has an exciting position available for a motivated enthusiastic sales leader. A Verizon Territory Manager is responsible for representing the Verizon brand in a face to face residential customer environment. Team members are expected to approach existing and new residential customers in a door to door environment to sell various FiOS services daily. In this high energy role candidates are expected to be motivated professionals able to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment. Individuals are expected to work collaboratively with other team members as well as independently to meet daily, month, and yearly sales and revenue targets, drive FiOS penetration, and reduce churn. Please note candidates must have flexible schedules and the ability to work weekends, evenings, and designated holidays as needed.
o Investigate and assess the customer's data and TV needs to make recommendation
- Sell and promote Verizon FiOS Data, TV and phone services to consumers within a defined territory with a focus on new to Verizon customers
- Sales will be made primarily by knocking/visiting customers in an assigned territory
- Sales process will include managing a lead list, networking, customer appointments, referrals and door to door sales generation
- Networking could include local events, marketing events, MDU events, neighborhood and homeowners association meetings, and Verizon engineering and I&M organizations
- Systematically review and assess an assigned territory to ensure that potential residential customers are contacted on a prescribed basis
- Prepare and execute customer sales applications
- Meet/exceed assigned targets associated with sales and productivity
- Deliver best customer experience in assigned territory to drive penetration and reduce churn thru partnerships with Verizon area teams and through customer interactions
- Review existing customer accounts and make recommendations for products and services
o FiOS all speeds
- Input orders into computer based application and track customer orders via order management system
- Partner with other Verizon departments to resolve customer concerns around billing, service and repair issues.
- Maintain required record-keeping and reporting of all sales within an assigned territory
- Demonstrate customer-driven attitude through excellent knowledge of products, services, promotions and rates.
- Products and services would include:
o FiOS TV all packages
o Long Distance Plans
o Value Added Services
o Premium Content
o Contract renewal
o Speed/pkg upgrades
Required Skills & Experience:
o A reliable form of personal transportation (business mileage expenses are reimbursed)
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Communication, or related field experience required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – a self starter with very strong self-management and reliability skills required.
- Minimum of 1 year of successful sales experience.
- Progressive experience working in collaborative groups and fast paced environments.
- Proficient with Verizon legacy systems (CoFEE, COFEE Anywhere, iVAPP, iGO, etc.).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to juggle multiple issues simultaneously and prioritize needs of the business.
- Ability to identify issues and provide potential solutions without provocation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Results driven with positive attitude professional flexibility to work in various structured and non-structured environments.
- Flexibility to work within non-standard business hours to ensure that sales quota is met
- Transportation Requirements
o Valid driver's license, with driving record in accordance with Verizon's policies
o Auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum requirements per state law
o Frequent to continuous local travel.
o Frequent use of standard equipment such as laptop, phones, copiers etc.
o Frequent to continuous walking while carrying up to 10 lbs of equipment/collateral.
o Frequent to continuous exposure to outside environment including inclement weather.
Desired Skills & Experience:
We want you. Because you have talent and drive. Because you're resourceful and creative. Because you have ideas and enthusiasm. We want you because we believe in the power of one. And we've created a world where every individual understands how hard we work for them. What will your contribution be?
- 2+ years of outside sales experience in a high transaction and fast paced environment
- Experience with consumer marketing, consumer product marketing, and account management.
- Experience with cold-call sales in consumer or business space
- Proactive leadership skills towards continuing product knowledge and education.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers, managers, and executives on strategy and business issues.
- Strong organizational, time management, project management, and negotiation skills.
- A warm and professional presentation style
- Proven sales history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 13 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...