MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner in 2009, 2010,2011, and 2012, MCPc is recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
This position will serve as a "Floating Network Technician" for PC and peripheral support and maintenance service events within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. This is a senior level technical support position providing advanced PC, network, server, and printer support. This will require travel to multiple clients' sites.
- Performs timely diagnostics and repairs on servers, networks, firewalls, archival systems, desktop, laptop computers, and other peripheral devices.
- Provides technical support on Operating systems to include MS-DOS/Win95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/ MS Server/MS Exchange.
- Provide consultative assessments on customer server and network environments.
- Provide solution proposals for customer server and network environments.
- Configuration, deployment, and installation of equipment.
- Provides mentoring on technical issues, process, and procedures to end users and other MCPc technicians both pro-actively and at the direction of management.
- Deliver exceptional Customer service resulting in outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot, configure, install, and repair computer technology hardware and software including servers, networks, firewalls, archival systems, switches, laptops, desktops and printers.
- Travel to customer locations to diagnose and repair hardware issues.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot via remote access tools.
- Complete administrative work.
- Maintain a solid working relationship with the sales team in order to increase the sales of equipment and service.
- Must be able to provide a State issued drivers license in good standing throughout the length of employment.
- Minimum 2 years working with a MS Server environment
- Five years experience in a break/fix capacity necessary.
- Industry standard A+ certification, Net + preferred.
- Vendor specific hardware certifications such as IBM, HP, Compaq, Dell, etc.
- Microsoft Server & Windows experience.
- MS Exchange experience preferred.
- Server 2008 Experience.
- Active Directory, Symantec (server based) and LAN/WAN experience.
- VMware experience a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and diagnose networking issues.
- Good personal and communication skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to accommodate working independently or as a member of a team.
- Willing to train, learn, and certify to ensure customer and vendor requirements are met.
- Reliable transportation and a good driving record along with the ability to drive are requirements for this position.
- Must be timely, dependable, and detail oriented (departmental paperwork must be completed accurately and submitted in a timely fashion).
- Must be mild mannered by nature and possess the ability to deal with stressed customers due to equipment issues.
MCPc, Inc. - 16 months ago